Search results

1. virtualsolitude

WTB - Homestead Miami 1/20 and 1/21 -- intermediate and advanced

Got buddies looking for slots for the full weekend.
  2. virtualsolitude

Homestead 2023

How does a rider have the option to buy either an A or I?
  3. virtualsolitude

Sport bike a must?

You've gotten some responses to this question. Does you're definition of 'street gear' meets/exceeds what's described in the N2 rider's manual? For # 4, over-the-ankle boots; preferably, boots for track/race use. PERSONAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED 1. Helmet, undamaged, full‐face DOT, SNELL, or...
  4. virtualsolitude

Engine Ice not allowed

The rules and reasons are clear. But, in various orgs, I see control riders running glycol-based antifreeze in their bikes. During the winter, I've been guilty of a few TDs with glycol. Simply because trailering my bike for hours, exposes it to the cold NE winter weather to GA and FL. Also...
  5. virtualsolitude

2024 Schedule

Does this include the WERA endurance racing dates as well?
  6. virtualsolitude

Sport bike a must?

To the OP, a few things that come to mind (that you can do now). Go to the home page -- n2td.org -- and read the following links (under the 'Track Day' menu): - typical track day - rider classes - faq - daytime schedule Save reading the riders manual for last if you choose to read it before...
  7. virtualsolitude

NCBike: Hotel recommendations

Used to stay at the red roof inn before I learned to sleep at the track (which is your best option). Always seems to be a persistent smell of bug spray but had no bug sightings. Your trailer / bikes are safer being dropped off at NCBike for the night.
  8. virtualsolitude

Schedule for WERA round at BARBER?

The WERA schedule shows the Barber Motorsports Park runs from 10/19-22 (thursday through sunday). Question: is the 19th (thursday) a track day / full practice day at Barber? I see nothing on any of the schedules anywhere.
  9. virtualsolitude

Riding/Racing Instruction Schools

@HondaGalToo ... DM sent.
  10. virtualsolitude

Does the CCS/AMA Race License work for WERA?

My 2 cents: Neither WERA nor CCS honor the others race license. They may use to license to determine if you're Expert or not.
  11. virtualsolitude

ATP vs YCRS ATP: what's the diff?

Thanks. The The 9/30-10/1 is tempting. The only lingering question I have is this: does it make sense for me to take a riding course at the near-end of my riding season? I may not ride again, and apply my learnings, until next Spring.
  12. virtualsolitude

ATP vs YCRS ATP: what's the diff?

Can someone explain the difference between these two ATP courses? NCBIKE ATP on 9/16-9/17 NCBIKE YCRS / N2 TRAINING EVENT ATP (2-DAY) on 9/30-10/1
  13. virtualsolitude

PittRace "Red Flags" and the kink, questions?

I think the chicane would be more problematic. TBH, I never noticed the chicane when I rode PIRC last year. But here's a 5-second video of the chicane at PIRC: And here's the map:
  14. virtualsolitude

WERA minis at PittRace?

Quick question: are the minis running the same course as the bigger bikes? Or are the minis using the kart track? Just wondering what kind of speeds are "safe" for a mini, esp an Ohvale which has a twitchy wheelbase at "kart speeds".
  15. virtualsolitude

Is it possible to have a mirrored face shield resurfaced?

The title of this thread probably says it all. My Arai face shield is scratch up, faded or worn-thin spots on it. Has anyone ever had one resurfaced? If so, where and how much?
  16. virtualsolitude

Newbie? Coaching

Googling "BMW R1250RS". One of these are yours? Either of these bikes are capable on-track.
  17. virtualsolitude

Intermediate and Not Riding Track-only Bike?

This (below) -- all of this -- from @bmart. And we haven't even touched on bike transport. But, in any case, if you start doing enough track days, you'll appreciate having a track-only bike that is more durable and ready to go when the mood hits you.
  18. virtualsolitude

Thoughts on ATP.

^^^ TTT Still a good read!
  19. virtualsolitude

This mean we get more Summit Main days?

Between April 1 and end of June, SP main will have hosted 10 MC track days (among the various MC track day orgs). That doesn't include CCS race dates there (5 days).
  20. virtualsolitude

Thank you N2 and NESBA

^^^ that first sentence. I remember those guys.