Search results

1. T

Getting a title for a salvaged bike

Hey guys, I was wanting to buy a used, salvaged, motorcycle for track/street use but it only comes with a bill of sale. I was wondering what the process was for getting it titled as a salvaged vehicle. Since I only have a bill of sale im a little confused about how the DOT explaions the process...
  2. T

Getting a title for a salvaged bike

Hey guys, I was wanting to buy a used, salvaged, motorcycle for track/street use but it only comes with a bill of sale. I was wondering what the process was for getting it titled as a salvaged vehicle. Since I only have a bill of sale im a little confused about how the DOT explaions the process...
  3. T

FS: 2007 Yamaha R1

For sale, 2007 R1 with 16,XXX miles. Im buying a house soon so this needs to go. This bike is a joy to ride. It has been well maintained, clean, and is up to date on all fluids as well as a new battery last summer. Title in hand. This bike also won the Dyno shootout at McGrath Powersports last...
  4. T

WTB 07 R1 Radiator

Looking to buy a 07-08 Yamaha R1 radiator, preferably with fans.
  5. T

WTB 07 R1 Steering Damper

Looking to buy a new or used steering damper for a 2007 R1.
  6. T

WTB 2007 R1 Steering damper

Looking for a used aftermarket steering dampener for a 2007 R1.
  7. T

Ram air with race farings

Hey guys and gals, I just put on my race fairings for the first time and cant figure out how to connect the air intake. The street plastics had holes to screw in on the plastics but the race fairings dont have any. Do I need to drill new holes or are there single piece air ducts that you can...
  8. T

Photographers at Newton

Just wondering if there was anyone taking photos at newton last weekend. I know Gron4 did some events. Anyone know if there was any photographers there?
  9. T

WTB R1 rearset

After a wreck last weekend I am looking for the brake side rearset bracket for a 07 R1. I only need this one side to get back on my bike but if you have both rearsets your willing to get rid of please let me know.
  10. T

WTB R1 Race Plastics

I would like to buy a new/used set of race plastics for a 07 R1. If you have some laying around let me know.
  11. T

WTB Track Tires

Hey guys, im looking for a set of track tires to last me just one day at a fast "I" pace. I really like the Dunlop 211's but am open to anything similar, even slicks. Used take offs are fine too as long as there is not too much wear. Let me know what you guys have!
  12. T

Do I need to renew my membership?

Hey guys and gals, I purchased a trackday at Newton Ia about 2 months ago and since then my membership expired. Can I still ride since I purchased my trackday when I was a member or do I need to get a new membership?
  13. T

2007 R1 problem

Hey guys, I noticed that when I first bought my R1 the engine would start up almost immediatly. (one or two cranks) Now it has slowly been getting worse. It takes up to a dozen cranks to start but once it does it runs fine. Does anyone have any idea on what might be going on? This only happens...
  14. T

WTB Quickshifter for 2007 R1

Im looking for a quickshifter for a 2007 R1, if anyone has one that they are willing to part with please let me know.
  15. T

WTB 07 yamaha R1 plastics

Im looking to buy a used set of plastics for a decent price. Street or track are both fine. If they are damaged it is fine but let me know the extent of the damage. If anyone knows where I can find a set please let me know!!! Thanks.
  16. T

WTB Yamaha R1

Hey guys, and gals. I am looking to buy a used R1. Mainly for street but I go to the tracks as much as I can. I have seen a lot on here but im from Iowa dont want to travel to the east coast to pick one up. I willing to spend around $5K and I dont care what the condition is as long as I get some...
  17. T

Will a bent brake lever pass tech

A guy recently pushed my bike over and i was planning on going to BHF this weekend. When it fell it bent the brake lever out and down a bit. Nothing snapped and it still works fine but i was wondering if it would pass tech being it is bent out of shape???
  18. T

Clutch Question 03 R6

Hey guys, i recently ordered a new set of fibers for my clutch and watched a how to video online. It seems pretty simple to change but i noticed that they had 7 smaller fiber plates and one larger plate. They also had 2 plates with purple painted on the ends. When i got mine in the mail i had 7...
  19. T

03 clutch change question

My clutch seemed to be slipping in 4th 5th and 6th gear at road america. The only way i can explain it is that it seemed that the RPMs redlined just after shifting then slowly fell back and caught the gear and took off. I was wondering if a clutch change is a fairly simple task or if i should...
  20. T

Road America Photographers???

Is Gron4 the only one people now about that took pics on memorial day? I saw a ton of people taking pics at a lot of different corners and it was my first time at that amazzing track. Id love to see how i looked!