01 GSXR 750 Engine, throttle bodies, ecu, gauges

joeyb

I bought this engine from another member a few months ago to cheat and put into my 600 frame, but it won't fit. I don't want to make modifications to my frame or the engine to make it work, I don't have the skill or the balls to start hacking on a good engine or frame I think its possible to, and I really wanted to complete this swap, but its over my head.

Here is the original post that I bought it off of:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=264332

Some details about the engine:

-Fresh, strong motor - 4 TD's on new rings, new rod/mains, new cam chain, .015 head gasket.
-Tranny got 2nd/6th driven gears, new shift forks, new DP clutch, Factory Pro detent star at the beginning of '09.
-Engine fired right up day after the crash with no codes.
-ECU has been tuned 10% fatter (richer) in the mid-top with a Yosh box

It will come with the wiring harness, ECU, throttle bodies and gauges with a broken lens. I would like to sell it all together since I don't have any use for the parts seperated.
Looking to get what I paid for everything - $600 firm. If I can't break even on it, I will just hold onto it and try to find an 01-03 gsxr 750 with a blown engine eventually. I'm not desperate to sell it but I thought that someone else could make better use of it than I could right now.
I've Never really shipped anything this size, but can't imagine it would be more than $100 in the lower 48, or I can meet you somewhere within 100 miles if the price is right. I'm in Richmond, VA, PM me if you are interested, I can get pix if you need them just send me your email address.

JRA

joeyb;170807 wrote: I bought this engine from another member a few months ago to cheat and put into my 600 frame, but it won't fit. I don't want to make modifications to my frame or the engine to make it work, I don't have the skill or the balls to start hacking on a good engine or frame I think its possible to, and I really wanted to complete this swap, but its over my head.

Here is the original post that I bought it off of:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=264332

Some details about the engine:

-Fresh, strong motor - 4 TD's on new rings, new rod/mains, new cam chain, .015 head gasket.
-Tranny got 2nd/6th driven gears, new shift forks, new DP clutch, Factory Pro detent star at the beginning of '09.
-Engine fired right up day after the crash with no codes.
-ECU has been tuned 10% fatter (richer) in the mid-top with a Yosh box

It will come with the wiring harness, ECU, throttle bodies and gauges with a broken lens. I would like to sell it all together since I don't have any use for the parts seperated.
Looking to get what I paid for everything - $600 firm. If I can't break even on it, I will just hold onto it and try to find an 01-03 gsxr 750 with a blown engine eventually. I'm not desperate to sell it but I thought that someone else could make better use of it than I could right now.
I've Never really shipped anything this size, but can't imagine it would be more than $100 in the lower 48, or I can meet you somewhere within 100 miles if the price is right. I'm in Richmond, VA, PM me if you are interested, I can get pix if you need them just send me your email address.
Joey,

This engine should fit with no problem. I've had several of that generation 600 and 750, and although I've never actually tried to put a 750 engine into a 600 frame I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't go. What specifically doesn't fit?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Agreed..the 01 600/750 were the same frame. The 1000 frame of that generation was made a little wider and I believe it came with one extra engine mount on each side of the spars to handle the additional power.

I believe those were the only differences.

joeyb

The back two engine mounts and the one on the left side in between the front and rear mounts line up fine. The front 2 engine mounts sit about 1/2" further forward than the frame mounts. The 2 options of making it work are cutting the frame mounts off and moving them forward or filling in the holes in the head and drilling/tapping new ones. I have been told by several people that it should fit which is why I bought it, but it doesn't. After realizing this, I did more research and found that the 01-03 GSXR 600 and 750 have different parts #'s for the frames. I haven't actually spoke with anyone that has sucessfully completed the swap. I also found that Hybrid racing makes offset brackets to squeeze a 1000 engine into a 600, but since the 600/750 engine are the same width, there isn't enough room to fab one of those brackets to hold the engine. If anyone has actually done it successfully without cutting the frame or tapping holes into the head, I would LOVE to actually do it. But all the research I have done trying to find someone that has done it has come up empty. :argh:
If anyone knows of any other way besides what I explained above, I am all ears!!!
The good news is I have finally done an engine swap...twice, the 600 is back in it and getting put back together for this season.

speedfree

i'm the member who sold Joey this motor, and i feel really bad about the issues, but we honestly both did enough research ahead of the deal to feel like it would work. hindsight being what it is, we find ourselves in the uncomfortable situation a few months later where the money is long gone & the swap won't work, at least not easily.
i had a few other bites on this powerplant over at 13x, so i hope you find a buyer mang. again, if anybody needs more info about what i did to it, please pass along my contact info - i'll do whatever i can to help you get your money back out of it.

i told ya what i'd do if it were me :D

joeyb

Ricky, don't you need a nice, strong backup engine??? Then I can find me a 1000 to stuff into this frame :idea:

joeyb

Thanks Fred, I appreciate you posting up...yeah I know I just don't want to modify the 750 engine so it won't fit into a 750 frame again, and then not be able to sell it :banghead: I guess I am thinking too far ahead :dunno:
I see by your sig that you have picked up an R6, is it the one you were riding last year?

trickyricky

Haha! Jedi mind trick; it might work too, trying to think were to hide it from the wifey, btw, do you need any parts for your bike? I have extra set of wheels, 01 front end.

joeyb

Hmmmm maybe, what color are the rims? Not really interested in the forks though, send me some pix of the rims to 1bristow@comcast.net, maybe we could work out trade + cash for engine :idea:

joeyb

Everything is sold to TrickyRicky, thanks man, pleasure doing business with you and I look forward to seeing you at the track!!! :cheers: