02 gsxr no start issue..

Good morning everyone..trying to diagnose a no start issue on a 2002 gsxr 600.
After two 90 degree lean angles at turn 9 at njmp the bike ran fine but in a later session it just stopped running ironically at the entrance to 9.
Bike powers up, tach needle sweeps, fuel pump primes and starter turns over..no start. Pour some fuel in throttle bodies and it starts and runs for a second or two. If I disconnect fuel line gas will pour out so I don't think it's kinked or clogged. Pump was new last year.
Shorting the plug in the tail section yields 2 error codes C21 and C22.
C21 is temp sensor in air box (goes away when I plug it back in.
C22 is atmospheric sensor located behind battery. That sensor has 3 wires coming out of it. One wire is broken right where it leaves the plug. If I touch the wire to the stubby wire leaving the plug the error clears but it's like 1 strand of wire touching another stand of wire..not really a great connection.
Tonight I am gonna swap tanks with my 750 to see if the fuel pump is the culprit. But could the broken wire from the sensor cause a no start ?

Fixed:
Swapped tanks with my 750 and fired up instantly. Upon taking the 600 tank off I could hear something moving around in there. Turns out it was the fuel pressure regulator which is just held in to the pump tower by simple o-ring compression. Pulled it out of the tank with a magnet put it back in the pump assembly bolted pump back on tank hooked everything up, powered up hit starter and angels sang.