03 Z1000 Track/Street Bike

nick0188

03 Kawasaki Z1000 for sale
Clear Title
35,140 miles

I have owned this bike since 2013 and ~16k miles. It was a street bike/commuter for most of its life. I started doing track days in 2020 with it, and haven’t ridden it on the street since. I did 3 days with it in 2020, 8 in 2021, and in 2022 it was my backup bike (maybe 6 20 minute sessions total over the whole year). I was in the process of getting ready to put it back to street duty, but decided I’d like to get an MT09 after almost 10 years with this bike.

It is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and it is VERY quick. I received constant questions on the track on what this was and why it was keeping up or passing newer 1000’s.

Things of note:
  • Power commander PC3 tuned for the below mods
  • ZX9 4-1 Header
  • Custom midpipe and Muzzy shortened can
  • ZX10 Throttle Bodies with K&N Pod filters
    • There are very few people I know of that successfully completed this conversion. I’ve had this done since 2013 and it was a substantial increase in power
  • Flywheel was machined to half thickness - revs super quickly - Also been done since ~2014
  • Barnett Clutch plates and springs
  • New battery last year
  • 636 Front end conversion
    • Radial Calipers with EBC HH pads
    • Forks with Racetech springs for ~180lb rider
    • Custom Galfer lines
    • ZX9 or 10 (can’t remember) master cylinder
  • 636 rear shock
    • I also have a ZX10 rear shock/spring that can come with the bike. They were cheap mods but I didn’t notice a big difference between the two. They both work better than stock through.
  • SS rear brake lane
  • Vortex Adjustable Rearsets - these are from an 06 ZX10. There are 0 options for rearsets for this bike
  • Renthal handlebars
  • Gear indicator
  • Trickle charger hardwired connector
  • Rear tail light is from an 08 R1. The OEM ones kept getting water inside riding in the rain and I got this one from a friend and has been solid ever since. It also looks pretty cool.
  • Wheels/Tires
    • There are currently an OEM set of wheels on the bike that were powdercoated black some time ago. They have Dunlop slicks on them with ~2 total track days
    • I have another set of wheels at the powdercoater right now. I have a brand new Dunlop Q4 rear and a very lightly used Q4 front I was planning on putting on these wheels when they are done. I have a new set of bearings and rotors for this set of wheels as well.
  • I have an extra headlight that is covered in carbon fiber wrap as well for track usage. The headlight housing on it for street use is brand new.
  • I have the stock rear seat, and also some rear foot pegs + jenky mounts I made for them but only used once.

Maintenance
  • Oil and Filter changed every 3k or once a year (recently it has been seeing less than 1k miles a year)
  • Coolant just flushed and changed last month
  • Motul 660 Brake Fluid change yearly or every 6 track days
  • Valves shimmed last year
  • Pod filters cleaned and oiled at the beginning of last year

Where are the fairings, rear plastics? - I bought the bike with them removed. I had all of them but they have been sold for years. I had the tank and fenders sprayed matte black (it was originally gray and orange). I think because of the missing fairings this bike has aged very well, and still looks modern (minus the halogen headlamp).

Any questions please ask. I will likely know the answer.
Price is $3250 and I’m really firm. The wheels currently getting powdercoated are going to be $250.

nick0188

c04c79f6fda5c6184940754c00726051.jpg

ba7e584d8db2a025cadfbb51226bf570.jpg

cb1d2fa6d360aba80a3ae5f9bfcffe35.jpg

cc894b7522608f0692e6670712170764.jpg

7425ef2e4dbcfc682d10e7cfe82b5a92.jpg

93c4b98aab103f865bdff14a89443177.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick0188

Whoops - Location is Pittsburgh. I'm in the south hills around 45 minutes from PITT RACE. I'd be willing to meet within an hour of my house with a deposit.

tnoble269

Nick, looks like it would make a nice hooligan street bike, does it still have all the wiring harness so it could be converted back to street?/Tom

nick0188

Nick, looks like it would make a nice hooligan street bike, does it still have all the wiring harness so it could be converted back to street?/Tom

That’s exactly what it was! It was very fun on the track as well, but I am faster on my 636 so that’s what I ride.

I never removed any of the wiring. It currently has the headlight and taillight installed and working along with rear turn signals.

It’s missed front turn signals. I used to have LED strips on the forks to act as turn signals but those were removed when I started tracking it and never reinstalled. The wiring is still there for whatever someone would want to do.

The license plate gets attached with those LED screw things. I can supply these for whoever buys it if they want them.

It does not have a horn. The wiring is there, but I removed it like 10 years ago because it was ugly and never reinstalled it and don’t know where it is.

You should be able to see the lights on in the video above unless that isn’t working for people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk