05-06 CBR600rr Guru's

bayboy

This past weekend at Summit, twice while under acceleration my bike got stuck in gear and slowed down to a stop. What could this be? It was brought to my attention that my tip sensor was in the wrong place by Vital. Could that be the problem? Me signin up for VIR in June is dependant on my bike bein operable. Please help a brotha out and soon before all the B Group slots are gone and I have to ride with TPM. LMAO

tittys04

By "in the wrong place" do you mean it's not in the nose like it's supposed to be, or it's not in the correct orientation (arrow pointing up)?

If it's oriented correctly, placement on the bike shouldn't matter.

And no... that doesn't sound like the anything the BAS would cause... but I don't really have ny suggestions without looking at it either.

Joe Vital

bayboy, did you get the PM? do what i suggested and sign up for your next day.

tittys04 et al. he had the BAS mounted for-aft. it also was not mounted very securely. this would cause exactly what he experienced, it would at least be something to think about when beginning to troubleshoot his issues. not seeing the way this thing was mounted would have all of you at a disadvantage when trying to figure problem this out.

tittys04

I agree... not seeing it keeps me from diagnosing it properly. And if the thing was loose and/or dangling, that could cause the issue. I would definitely start there...

Matt

I was going to say, it needs to be facing the front or rear of the bike, not the side.. glad someone got you pointed in the right direction.

if it's facing / mounted to the side, it will detect acceleration or braking as bank angle and as you're seeing, too much and kill the bike. it won't restart till you do a key cycle.

cbr_600rr_freak

When it shutoff did you try to start it back? Did you mess with the emergency shut off switch. If so did you hear the fuel pump cycle on and off. If you BAS is angled out your fuel pump will not cycle. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk