1st track day in over 20yrs!

Donkadillapig

I'm signed up for VIR on Monday (1st Aug).
I've a new to me 2018 KTM RC390, all new stiff spanky track gear and close to little idea..... ;)

I kicked around with an amateur endurance racing team in France in 2000-01and have had my own road bikes (Triumph Sprint ST and a Yamaha Fazer 600) on Donnington GP and Silverstone in the UK in 2002. I 'spose half a lifetime of deployments and emigrating here to the US have kept me away. I'm back now, newly retired, keen to learn and have some fun.
My current road bikes are a Triumph Tiger and a Spudmasher.

I'm curious to see if there are any other RC390 owners coming next week? The bike I've acquired is currently "street legal" but it now doesn't need to be, the plan is to turn it loose into it's natural habitat.
Please do feel free to drop by and say hi and I'll gladly take any advice that didn't make it into the manual. I'll be the one with a funky green pop up camper trailer and a lost look on my face on Sunday evening :)

Big thanks to N2 already for making the registration process so smooth already and Tea for answering my silly questions so far.

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! VIR is a great place to get back to it. (Is that Fazer a newer one of a mini V-max from the good old days?)

The TTM will be a blast, and you're likely to find other fun adn flickable 250cc-500cc bikes out with you.

Let's definitely connect at the track. I have a lot of miles around VIR. Also, feel free to read through this.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard. I reached a 390 for a few years if you have questions please feel free to reach out. It’s good novice platform, like all the small bikes it’s made for small light people, At 6 foot and 205 pounds I was flexing the frame and forks at a slow A pace and was able to learn a lot on the bike around feel.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Awesome! You're going to have a blast on that bike.
I'll be there Sunday night as well, come swing by the grey sprinter van. (Might even have a burger for ya!)