200 Rear US N-Tec Slick on a Stock R6S?

denbsteph

As the title suggests, as anyone put a 200 rear US N-Tec Slick on a STOCK rim, stock swing arm. The 200 is 3mm (1.5 mm wider each side) wider that the 190. I'm not real good with measuring and it appears it will fit. I may have to trim the stock chain guard, which I have no problem with but wanting to keep it on for safety, reasons (don't ask, it's just me) :popcorn:

It is a 07 R6S

Dennis

gblack

Hopefully someone will chime in that has the same setup, but I know in general 600's are using the 200 US NTEC. I called RTS (Dunlop distributor) for this info. Ultimately I chose to save some money and got the 190 as I don't need the extra traction at my speed.

On a side note make sure you get the right compound in the 200 as they now have a dual compound.

I've had a 200 US N-TEC slick installed on my 2011 R6 since I picked up the bike from Chuck. He suggested it and I've had no issues. If you're really concerned about it, just ask Chuck or Jerry. They are the resident experts.

bmrboy

denbsteph;283395 wrote: As the title suggests, as anyone put a 200 rear US N-Tec Slick on a STOCK rim, stock swing arm. The 200 is 3mm (1.5 mm wider each side) wider that the 190. I'm not real good with measuring and it appears it will fit. I may have to trim the stock chain guard, which I have no problem with but wanting to keep it on for safety, reasons (don't ask, it's just me) :popcorn:

It is a 07 R6S

Dennis

Secret Squirrel ... go to Dunlop web site ... READ TECH INFO ... CHECK YOUR RIM SIZE .... I used that tire on my
BMW ... Works best with a 6.00 in. rim

I will use a 190 on the 7-FIDDY 5.5 IN. RIM

also .... 3mm is less than 1/4 in.

some guy #2

The tire will fit on the rim but it will be pinched. I doubt it rubs anything but you may have to change gearing/chain length to get it to fit.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
You may notice a subtle difference in handling as well..the tire is wider, so turn-in may require a little more effort.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Cold day in hell before I'd drop $310 + shipping on a rear tire strictly for track days....ouch!

some guy #2

Otto Man;283572 wrote: Cold day in hell before I'd drop $310 + shipping on a rear tire strictly for track days....ouch!
The USA (GPA) slicks are $224 + shipping or tax depending on where you buy them. The UK slicks are the $300+ tire but they are worth the extra cost by a long shot.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
some guy #2;283635 wrote: The USA (GPA) slicks are $224 + shipping or tax depending on where you buy them. The UK slicks are the $300+ tire but they are worth the extra cost by a long shot.
I am perma stuck mentality wise looking at DOT tires because I want to be eligible for super stock class with WERA. Yes, indeed...they do not make a 200 US made DOT race tire, but they definitely do make a US slick in a 200 size.

I'll go crawl back in my hole now. :haha:

denbsteph

I have gotten some info from Steve at RTS and I'll give the tire a go, I'll run a couple of sessions and see whats up. If I can get away from getting the suspension set up with this tire that will be great. I'll go back to the 190, too much conflicting information about what is what. Not a real clear picture on what to expect from this tire. I'll give a full report when I return from S/S/N/.

denbsteph

First so to speak weekend on the 200. I got seven sessions out of 2 days at VIR, F^&#$%^& rain!!!! I'm not AMA or WERA, I can't tell the difference in my turn in speed. I could not tell the difference in ride height either. I did not get my bike re-set up, no gearing change needed, tire pinching, etc, etc, etc. With all that has been stated here about tires, you have to experience it for yourself. Now, when I go to NCBIKE, that will really tell on how much " better wear " will come into play, tire lasting longer ( yeah right ) Was Paying the extra 40 bucks for a bigger more contact patch tire worth it?????????? I'm gonna say NO. Based on the type of wear I have on a WET, GREEN track for two days, I do not see any difference in "better wear". I will go back to the 190 and save some dollars and still be able to rail right along at MY speed and get up to speed in "A" group.

Longer lasting tire????????? I have been listening to preacher's and allowed them to pour honey into my ears and actually bought into it.........