2003 Yamaha R6 Track Bike for Sale

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
READY TO RIDE 2003 YAMAHA R6 TRACK BIKE. THIS BIKE IS FULLY PREPPED FOR THE TRACK. BILL OF SALE ONLY!! NO TITLE!! FOR TRACK USE ONLY!!! TONS OF UPGRADES AND AFTERMARKET PARTS. BIKE NEEDS NOTHING TO GO RACE OR RIDE A TRACK DAY!! EXTREMELY CLEAN AND WELL MAINTAINED!!
BUILT SS MOTOR BY ORIENT EXPRESS. RUNS PERFECT. YOU WILL HAVE NO REGRETS!!

I bought this bike from a guy who did NOT WANT TO SELL but, for him, things happen and his toys were the first to go. I've been extremely happy with this bike and have mixed feelings about selling it. But I have one too many hobbies and I must whittle down my stable of bikes.

This bike is a freakin' joy to ride. It really is. And for that reason, I'm not looking to part it out.

Located near Baltimore, MD $3500.00

Body:

Sharkskinz Bodywork- Some repairs made, but looks great for track fairings. Painted Satin white.
Graves Upper Race Fairing Stay
Zero Gravity Windscreen- Mint
Black Stompgrip (Brand new)

Chassis:

Ballistic 8 Cell Battery- new in 2014
Woodcraft clip-ons
Driven Grips- (Brand New)
RK Gold X-Ring Chain (520) - Excellent Condition
Vortex 48/15 Sprockets- Excellent Condition
Vortex Gas Cap
Vortex Sliders- Brand New
Vortex Rearsets- Slightly bent but operate without an issue!
Drilled and Wired
All non-essential stuff removed like headlight wiring etc.

Engine:

SS Engine Build- Built by Orient Express
PCIII -- mapped for 93
Woodcraft Case Covers- Minor Rash
Graves Slide Stops
Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch- New last season.
Full Hindle SS Exhaust with 18" CF muffler (Muffler is mint!)
BMC Race Filter
APE Manual CCT

Suspension/Brakes:

Penske Triple Clicker shock refreshed by Mike at Metric Devil Moto in 2012
Forks rebuilt last season by MDM and set up for a 170lb rider +/-. Has Racetech cartridge kit with custom valving
Dunlop Q3s with 2 track days on them. Both days were at Shenandoah track at Summit Point, so tire wear is very even.
Spare Michelin SS Tires with 3-4 track days on them
Steering head refreshed in 2013
Goodridge SS lines
EBC Extreme Pro pads- new in 2014 with tons of life left
Motul RBF 600
Fully Rebuilt front calipers in 2013

virtualsolitude

Hmm, there doesn't seem to be an option to update an original post, so...a few quick mentions:

I've had the track bike for just about a year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it all. Selling it is just a money decision for me.

In fact, I bought it from a former N2 (NESBA) member in VA; totally cool guy. He did NOT WANT TO SELL but, for him, things happen and his toys were the first to go. I still have his contact info.

The bike is (still) extremely clean and (still) well-maintained. I really do love this bike and wish I could dial in my street bike to inspire the same confidence (not that I ride on the street like I do on the track).

And, no, I won't part this bike out. So please don't ask. :cool:

Meredith Barr

BikerBarr
Hmmm...
How close to Baltimore are you? I'm in Parkville. Might like to check this bike out. Tell me this: If it's still for sale, why hasn't it sold, do you think?

virtualsolitude

Why hasn't it sold? Winter and Christmas. :))

That said, I don't NEED to sell the bike. I expect next Spring will bring a buyer. It's a good bike.