2013 Northeast Season Opener: 5/11-12 @ NYST

Poper

Let me begin by saying that I have no f*cking clue about NESBA's schedule for the season. I am just guessing that NESBA will be at NYST on that weekend because TPM has 5/4-5 and 5/25-27 on their schedule, and a Canadian org out of Montreal (Track Fever) has 5/18-19 listed on their schedule.

Either way, I'm looking forward to an amazing circuit only 125 miles from Syracuse!

Who else is in?!? I believe that this will be the first "official" Northeast track for the organization.

erick1670

am in... :popcorn::popcorn:

next year will be for me like so:

first 2 days at NJMP T-bolt
Pocono
Summit main
NYSF (2 days, for each direction :D)
last 2 NJMP

I hope anyways.... :D

moman

I plan on being there those dates with TPM. If NESBA ends up there in between I'll do those too. Will make for a great May:D

HaVoC

Im def goig to do maybe 1 or 2 dates here.I race ccs so i just do 1 or 2 trackdays in the spring to knock off the dust
other than that i grid up to race. But its 20 min from my family. Should be fun track to ride on.
I also ride a 1 liter bike so it can stretch her legs.. ;)

Poper

Crazy fun is right. Elevation makes all the difference on a circuit, and I am told this track has plenty. My buddy said, "Think Mid-Ohio on steroids."

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Poper;261762 wrote: Crazy fun is right. Elevation makes all the difference on a circuit, and I am told this track has plenty. My buddy said, "Think Mid-Ohio on steroids."
I’ve never been to Mid-Ohio, but I can imagine having a fun time for sure on this track!! Can't wait...:agree:

z064life

Poper;261762 wrote: Crazy fun is right. Elevation makes all the difference on a circuit, and I am told this track has plenty. My buddy said, "Think Mid-Ohio on steroids."
400 some odd ft of elevation per their website. That far exceeds any track in the eastern 1/2 of the states that I'm aware of.

HaVoC

dsmitty37;261805 wrote: i can't wait to drive just 2 hrs instead of a 6-12 hr ride to visit other tracks (which I will still do)
For a trackday?..For me to go race yea,Drive that long for a trrack day..Hell No! lol
U trackday junkies really drive far for a date.. :wow:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
HaVoC;261843 wrote: For a trackday?..For me to go race yea,Drive that long for a trrack day..Hell No! lol
U trackday junkies really drive far for a date..
:wow:
I drove to Road ATL this summer for a 3 trackday weekend. Well worth it!! It's amazing what you do for the things you love....:D

Fastguy

HaVoC;261843 wrote: For a trackday?..For me to go race yea,Drive that long for a trrack day..Hell No! lol
U trackday junkies really drive far for a date.. :wow:
Please explain the difference between the two? Especially if, as you say, you do both. :confused:

JRA

The difference between racing and a trackday is obvious, but in the context he means there is no difference. Track days don't scratch the competitive itch for some so they are not fun enough to put a lot of effort into. For others they just want to ride their bike on a race track and enjoy having that opportunity without having to grid up for a race. Only you know what your reasons are for doing what you do, and the only thing that makes one superior over the other is whatever you think in your own mind. Racing is where it's at for some, and others not so much.

denbsteph

Track days are the sheet! .................. especially if your 50 yrs old and you can talk junk to your close friends and laugh about the fun you are having. Not saying that dosent happen during racing, but some of us are just slow and not at that level yet. :D

HaVoC

I wasnt tring to take anything away here from anybody.Just saying to drive so far for a trackdays not worth it to me.
To go racing yes i will drive a distance. Racing and doing trackdays are apples to oranges.I train as much as i can in the winter. But when spring comes i will do some trackdays for practice before my region starts. I Just wont drive far for one.Thats my point.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Fastguy;261854 wrote: Please explain the difference between the two? Especially if, as you say, you do both. :confused:
Two totally different formats...If you want a super charged adrenaline rush, do a race.:agree:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Smithereens;261885 wrote: Hey Vinny ...... are you using the larger font for the benefit of the more "senior" members?
Haha, I use the small font when talking at a low tone voice...