2014 R1 ($8000 cash-Firm) Retiring from Racing, PT.II

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
2014 R1 ($8000 cash-Firm)

Bought used, (Excellent condition!) clean title / Mileage: 4,492.00
Garaged for over a year maintained (Full on Race bike) reasonable delivery optional
Never crashed, never ever wet / zero leaks-passes tech every time / CCS spec’d

Safety wired / Armor bodywork / spare oil filters / new ION lithium race battery-weighs less than a lb. / Extra front fender, spare race tail / warmers / Pitbull stands (FR) / R1 pinned, Pitbull swing arm trailer restraint setup / Driven clip ons / brake lever protector / Frame sliders / case savers / driven rear sets / stainless brake lines (FR) / K&N Race air filter / Ohlins internals front forks- valving, damper discs change out / Full system Yoshimura race pipe / NGK race plugs / EBC race pads (FR) / one map flash tune/ 520 conversion (Final drive) no master link, all riveted / Q4 Dunlops one race day (will pass tech) GYTR race approved coolant / Key less wiring harness for starting / quick spin gas cap / rear race master cylinder / Factory manual / OEM bike manual / GYTR full synthetic oil 10/40 / GYTR Traction control system / valve lash adjustment every year

Attachments

• Dash.png
    Dash.png
    562.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Yam.png
    Yam.png
    596.8 KB · Views: 76
  • RT-R1.png
    RT-R1.png
    777.1 KB · Views: 74
  • R1_run.png
    R1_run.png
    730.4 KB · Views: 69
  • R1_1.png
    R1_1.png
    592.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG952753.jpg
    IMG952753.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG952751.jpg
    IMG952751.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Frontal.jpg
    Frontal.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Rehh

I see that Super King T tail 200 you fly. I’ve jumped out of many KAs B90, 100s, 200s. Mike Mullins had for years what was touted as the fastest king air. Forgot what huge engine upgrade he had, the biggest available; That thing felt like it would climb straight up to 15,000 in a couple minutes. Then he would nose dive into a 300-400 mph dive and beat all the skydivers down to the deck. I was an instructor for 10yrs. He was an incredible pilot; he also flew for fedex.

Last edited:

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
Well that C12 Huron is a bad ass A/C. who would want to fly anything less than a twin engine? This particular variant of the T200, (350i, variant) as you can see is bristling with sensors etc, aka Guardrail my call sign back then: Lamplighter, even though Army aviators strayed away from call signs. In fact, I just landed that plane at Ft. Irwin back in the day. Bravo on your friend there. Funny, When I was at Ft. Rucker in Jr. high, I knew a guy named Mike Mullins, hmmm I wonder? So uh, according to what you said, that he would beat the skydivers back to the pad? The divers jumped from that platform? Never seen that mission profile. If he did, I wonder how the actual execution went to clear the windblast and tail? Granted, you can slow and drop altitude some, but its chancy, can be done, but to me not the right A/C to jump from. I recall class time, LOF (loss of flight) where as if the A/C is in a flat spin, unrecoverable, that is the initial time to jump for your life!! I logged some hrs last yr at Rucker, flew to Eglin AFB, took a good 10 minutes to spool up the A/C, it was a C12 Huron (trainer) but looked just like any other King minus the Signit profile. looking to by my race bike, hmmm?

Rehh

Sorry these were private not military jumps, although I’ve logged several jumps with the US Army Golden Knights for demonstration and world record attempts. I was a USPS AFF(Accelerated Free Fall) and SL(Staticline) instructor/jump master and worked under Billy Rhoads who was US special forces evaluater/instructor who also trained special forces for several other nations as a civilian contractor.
Most of these planes had been modified for skydiving, they would have foot and hand rails out on the fuselage for 5-10 people to climb out the door on jump run. They would have cargo doors replaced by a slide up lexan doors. I jumped lots of different aircraft going back to beech 18 and DC3, even DC3s with retro fitted turbo props that would take us to 30,000ft on oxygen for world record attempts in 10 plane formations. Yes Mike Mullins would roll over inverted, pass us in Freefall like we were stitting still, so close he would wave out the window..:lol; probably pushing that air frame to the limit.
Speaking of flat spins, I was TWICE in Paul Farrad’s Casas that stalled on jump run, inverted and went into a flat spin puking out skydivers all over the sky and several unrestrained skydivers stuck inside bouncing around inside the plane. Happened twice in one day and made national news. Too many guys on the tailgate pushing CG back too far at a low airspeed. Was amazing no one was seriously injured or killed, we were flying two casas in formation with 40 skydivers in each making record attempts.

Rehh

Also, I organized for several years an event called the Panama City Beach Boogie where we would skydive and land right on the beach in PC. It was a struggle to keep the local LE in check, I would file my NOTAM with the FCC, file my waivers, get authorization from Tyndall AF. When on jump run talking to Tyndall control the F18 pilots would hear and often come join the fun by flying close formation with us and even diving down under us in freefall, created a lot of excitement and have some good video clips.

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
Good asnwers and very exciting interesting tales there! I got one for ya. Back in my wildcat days of flying for the US Army, we had one special passenger ( Lt. Gen Patraeus) who hitched a ride with us from West Kileen (Ft. Hood) to Ft. Leavenworth CAC G8. We were heading to Oklahoma city to refuel at Tinker when the Gen decided for us to land on a remote FAA approved airstrip out in the middle of no where Pan handle Texas. We taxied to a stop near the wind sock, he needed to pee, ok, my Major got out with me, the Gen noticed that we had weapons strapped, hey lets do some blinking! Cant say no to a 3 star, so we commenced shooting up old 55 gallon drums about, he took a few shots with my SW500 50cal and also shot the Majors girly gun, cheesy 9mm Beretta, I'll never understand WHY! DOD did away with the 1911. But the Gen can shoot. His staff LtCol took off a few rounds, uh, bad shot.

Rehh

Awesome man, 500 SW surprised it didn’t jump out of his hands and land 10ft behind him. I sighted in a 454 Casull once for a guy and afterwards told him don’t ask me again…lol. That joker would jump back and pop me in the forehead if wasn’t careful. Good luck with your bike sale and continued pilot adventures. I miss it, I’m 52 and full of injuries, had to give it all up 10yrs ago. So now I’m doing some track days for my adrenaline addiction. I did go visit my old friend Bill Scott just recently and flew right seat in his King Air 90 as we threw some skydivers out, got the juices flowing again when we opened the door on jump run at 15k.
Blue Skies….

Attachments

• 8F6C251C-CA02-425E-A362-704AB73A84CC.jpeg
    8F6C251C-CA02-425E-A362-704AB73A84CC.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 8

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
cool shot of the pit. Im selling all my racers for Im now 63 soon to be 64. Hell, been racing since 2000. I alrdy sold one, went ahd and bought two dirt bikes, WR450F CRF450X. Want to do trail riding again, abit safer than a knee down at 125mph. Id rather be impaled by a tree branch or thrown into a river or creek bed than mix it up with asphalt as the front end pushes out, sends me sliding. Done that 3 times in 23 yrs. The next time I log some hrs, I'll send ya a shot of what the Army likes to fly... rgr control, runway 3E, C-121 rdy for take off, blue skies, you betcha!

Rehh

Out of the fire pit and into the oven going to dirtbikes….haha. I rode a lot of motocross and supercross but never raced. Just as dangerous or more especially if you race, I’ve crashed many many times in the dirt; have a DRZ400S now and do some trail and mountain riding but stay off the tracks. Some my other buddies in our situation (old and beat up) have switched to 4 wheels, a lot safer for the old guys…lol.

This is my friend’ garage at Atlanta Motorsports Park where he races F1 Kart and F3 Formula car. Here’s his simulator

Attachments

• A9647CB1-C367-4711-A510-E184C3708A72.jpeg
    A9647CB1-C367-4711-A510-E184C3708A72.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 17
  • B2E55B6D-4CF7-4510-B0B5-FBC2C0C503DD.jpeg
    B2E55B6D-4CF7-4510-B0B5-FBC2C0C503DD.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 17

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
2014 R1 ($8000 cash-Firm)

Bought used, (Excellent condition!) clean title / Mileage: 4,492.00
Garaged for over a year maintained (Full on Race bike) reasonable delivery optional
Never crashed, never ever wet / zero leaks-passes tech every time / CCS spec’d

Safety wired / Armor bodywork / spare oil filters / new ION lithium race battery-weighs less than a lb. / Extra front fender, spare race tail / warmers / Pitbull stands (FR) / R1 pinned, Pitbull swing arm trailer restraint setup / Driven clip ons / brake lever protector / Frame sliders / case savers / driven rear sets / stainless brake lines (FR) / K&N Race air filter / Ohlins internals front forks- valving, damper discs change out / Full system Yoshimura race pipe / NGK race plugs / EBC race pads (FR) / one map flash tune/ 520 conversion (Final drive) no master link, all riveted / Q4 Dunlops one race day (will pass tech) GYTR race approved coolant / Key less wiring harness for starting / quick spin gas cap / rear race master cylinder / Factory manual / OEM bike manual / GYTR full synthetic oil 10/40 / GYTR Traction control system / valve lash adjustment every year

Sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.