2017 R6

xn85turbo

Control Rider
With the NYC Cycle World show on the horizon (December 9-11) anyone know if Yamaha will announce the new lineup soon? I see this image floating around the internet;

Attachments

• 2017-Yamaha-YZF-R6-600x420.jpg
    2017-Yamaha-YZF-R6-600x420.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 75

DUG

It is a fake. Apparently the current R6 won't pass next years EURO4 emissions requirements just like the CBR600. So without a total redesign, it will be dead too.

Personally, a 750 motor in a current R6 chassis with TC and QS would be perfect.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
Same bike, bold new body work. We got new suspension (which will go out the window for Ohlins anyway, only difference is 2 mm bigger tubes), new electronics (R6 ecu has been capable of this since 2013?), a bold new look (cool), and some possibly better brakes. Don't get me wrong, R6 will continue to dominate MotoAmerica, and I get that there is little incentive for Yamaha to introduce an all-new R6, since they're already on top of the market- but still. Lot's of people were expecting something bigger than this, with all the hype that Yamaha put into promoting it. Oh well, beats nothing.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Same bike, bold new body work. We got new suspension (which will go out the window for Ohlins anyway, only difference is 2 mm bigger tubes), new electronics (R6 ecu has been capable of this since 2013?), a bold new look (cool), and some possibly better brakes. Don't get me wrong, R6 will continue to dominate MotoAmerica, and I get that there is little incentive for Yamaha to introduce an all-new R6, since they're already on top of the market- but still. Lot's of people were expecting something bigger than this, with all the hype that Yamaha put into promoting it. Oh well, beats nothing.

You'd be surprised what new forks will do to change the feel of a bike. The TC is actually going to be good since its using the ABS rings for actual wheel speed instead of using engine speed to calculate wheel spin. With that said I am a bit disappointed that its still essentially the same bike its been for the past 10 years.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I'm in agreement with Emerson...it's a great looking bike, though.
It's a great evolution, just was hoping for some new sexiness in the motor, etc to take the 600 class even further.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
They have to leave some things for the aftermarket community. If they made the bike with all the goodies, we would be spending a lot more, but the aftermarket companies would go out of business.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Does it at least have the auto blip downshifting ?
It doesn't.

I'm in agreement with Emerson...it's a great looking bike, though.
It's a great evolution, just was hoping for some new sexiness in the motor, etc to take the 600 class even further.
I'm kinda happy that the motor is still the same as I just bought a new bike.... If I was buying a 2017 I'd be disappointed that its still the same motor