2017 WERA Atlantic Coast season opener

ChucktownRC

Control Rider
Who is going to Roebling Road next weekend for the WERA Atlantic Coast season opener? I will be there ready to rock friday practice.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
I'm hoping to go. Need to get my bike put back together, suspension set up, bodywork repaired and painted. And I'm in Chicago till this Friday :) Tons to do. Also won't be able to practice Friday, so I'll have to use practice sessions Saturday AM and dial in my suspension, and get right to racing. Here's hoping I can get it all ready. Alternatively, may be able to convince Russell Masecar to let me race one of his bikes...

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
I'll be there! Never been there before and first time on my bikes this year.

Hopefully, see ya'll there. It's flat so it's easy to learn. Like I said before, if there are any issues in T1, T4, or T6, remember to TURN. Do not try to stand it up and go straight. Also, seems like a decent amount of fronts tuck in T3. There are bumps in the middle entry in what seems like a good line. I do my best to go inside of them suckers.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Hopefully, see ya'll there. It's flat so it's easy to learn. Like I said before, if there are any issues in T1, T4, or T6, remember to TURN. Do not try to stand it up and go straight. Also, seems like a decent amount of fronts tuck in T3. There are bumps in the middle entry in what seems like a good line. I do my best to go inside of them suckers.

Easier to use plywood or indoor/outdoor carpeting to use for the stands on the bike?

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
Never used plywood. Carpet works fine. Depending on where you park, you can put your bike on the road. Just depends.

Romans Eight

Control Rider
Director
One of my fav tracks. Wish I were racing with ya. I spilled T3 at least 95mph in '14...be careful if it's cold weather. That front tire tuck is common there. And the bumps mid-track T3 will cause problems if you're over 100mph at normal lean angle. Hope you get on the box!

Regularguy

I'm hoping to go. Need to get my bike put back together, suspension set up, bodywork repaired and painted. And I'm in Chicago till this Friday :) Tons to do. Also won't be able to practice Friday, so I'll have to use practice sessions Saturday AM and dial in my suspension, and get right to racing. Here's hoping I can get it all ready. Alternatively, may be able to convince Russell Masecar to let me race one of his bikes...
easy 18s....

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
easy 18s....
hah! That would be nice. I actually decided not to go; too many issues came up on the bike. I have it pretty much mechanically sound now, but still need to do more bodywork and paint it. Plus, by staying home I'll get to pick up Anna from the airport when she gets back from Taiwan on Saturday.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Had a great weekend there. Was cold as hell for Friday practice, but the Sportsman races on Saturday were beautiful! It was my first time there so it was a struggle to get up to pace as it was my first time on a bike since September. I did average, per the norm in the 600 classes and hit the goal I was shooting for, getting into the 18's. Got a win on the Kawi in the V8 class so it's always a good weekend when you end with no crashes and take home a win. Lots of bike crashes that resulted in yard sale'd bikes. After seeing enough bikes get banged up, honestly I was glad to just not have crashed!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I think it's an awesome class. It allows you to have fun on what I consider a "current" bike, AKA, fuel injected, while not having to spend what now is the "norm" of $20k (holy shit!!!) for a damn motorcycle. New enough to have fun, yet also exciting enough as none of the bikes in that era have any sort of traction control/wheelie control, etc. So...it's uh, interesting to say the least when you feel the rear end start to step out on you, knowing there ain't no electrical thingy in the ECU to save your ass!

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
The V8 class does actually appeal to me too for the same reasons. Luckily in LWT, most people are running 10 year old machines anyway :)

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
Nice! Cracks me up to realize that in my Novice year I'm racing against CRs. :cautious: :D

There is a special circle in hell for any novice running a 16.2 at RRR :p

Got me 2 Wins in Novice C Superstock and Suberbike on saturday!! First wins ever. Got down to a 16.2 :)

About time you drop those yellow plates and get with the times! I don't want to hear your "I don't do enough races any given season to get the bump" nonsense, you can always apply for expert plates and they will bump you faster than you can say "sandbagging novice"

Regularguy

hah! That would be nice. I actually decided not to go; too many issues came up on the bike. I have it pretty much mechanically sound now, but still need to do more bodywork and paint it. Plus, by staying home I'll get to pick up Anna from the airport when she gets back from Taiwan on Saturday.
You missed a great weekend. The pace in LW was nuts. 16s

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
You missed a great weekend. The pace in LW was nuts. 16s
Dude, I was following race monitor the whole time. People were hauling ass! Really wish I could have made it. Looks like I'm gonna be going pretty light on racing until I finish up my dissertation in June.