2018 N2 track day bike prep - Where's everyone at?

Kurt_Orban

Hey, NCBike was great for the first couple sessions. It was warm enough that the track was ready right off the bat. Kenny and I were the first two bikes on the track, and were laying down rubber starting the second lap. Had a great time even if it did get cut short!

That being said, ready and anxious for PIRC next Sat, Shenny Sun, and Main Mon!
Damn I didn't know you were out there man!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tdelegram

Control Rider
Bill I know it’s a big mountain to climb, but you could vastly improve your looks with a new Hayden replica helmet with a dark shield of course.

Kurt_Orban

Proof I was there lol
95de6add0f62f3856bc8bf2f0da2903c.jpg
4f452f798c80c97caf495508e6e361ff.jpg
0ab7c61f8d129a6982425b079eef1ea4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jason DeBoer

Got it done with a couple hours to spare. Body didn't come till yesterday, so was busy day getting it finished up

wDcAv1b.jpg

But then this happened on the way to the track...I was taking it in for new tires this week.

UIBp4sF.jpg

Tomorrow has to be a good day!

JBallz

Got it done with a couple hours to spare. Body didn't come till yesterday, so was busy day getting it finished up

wDcAv1b.jpg

But then this happened on the way to the track...I was taking it in for new tires this week.

UIBp4sF.jpg

Tomorrow has to be a good day!

How do you like the starlane dashboard? I’ve been eyeing that thing for ages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrFrzz

slow and wide
So, plugs changed, new brake pads installed, coolant flush, tires were going on this weekend for the fizzer, and then I got a wild hair and decided to list it for sale..... It sold.....

So Now I've got a couple weeks to get acquainted with the "new to me" rideDSC_0120.JPG DSC_0116.JPG ....

and hope it passes tech with what I can do in that time. It was tracked last year and has probably only been ridden a couple of times since. It was lowsided on the left, but nothing is dangerously hanging off... Certainly not on the level of you guys. ;) Fantastic machines you all have.

bmart

Control Rider
That is a superb track weapon. You'll have a hoot getting used to it and exploring its potential. I look forward to seeing you out there.

MrFrzz

slow and wide
That is a superb track weapon. You'll have a hoot getting used to it and exploring its potential. I look forward to seeing you out there.
Thanks brother! I am getting very excited/ anxious/ nervous/ etc - as in Rain Man - "hot water burn baby!!" excited....

I went through another course from a friend that was licensed to teach, and he's been mentoring me on the mental side of everything. How to stay positive, keep focused, and silence those little "what if" voices.

Ron R

I keep buying , fixing and selling track bikes not because I’m better than the bike but because I’m a gear head and love messing with them. I think I’m cured for the time being though. Your bike is a sweet ride and you're going to have a blast. One thing you said that hit home with me was “what if”. Most of us have way too many responsibilities to take time off due to injury. And recently my son lost a friend to an accident. But as I told him I refuse to live scared. We could “what if”our selves into living in a bubble wrap suit if we’re not careful. Sounds like you have a good plan in place. Hope to see you on the track soon.

bmart

Control Rider
Speaking for myself, I think that "what if" is a great tool, as well as a natural built in defense mechanism. We should us it in some circumstances and ignore it in others. I use it all of the time when considering a pass on the track, or setting a speed in the mountains on a deserted road. Like any other tool, one has to learn how to use it. For me, it isn't about being scared or fear.

It can also be used to progress. If someone comes by you on the track and is moving just a tick faster than you were going, you could ask yourself, "what if" I try to hang with them for a corner or two...or a lap to see what I can learn.

Happy to discuss. It is a pertinent topic.