$27k VooDoo Chopper For Sale for $16k

Ryan95

I know this is a long shot but this board has been good to me in the past, so here goes... My Dad won a chopper in a Skoal/Copenhagen giveaway. He never titled it, so it has only "test ride miles" on it. It was built 12/08 by Voodoo Customs. It has a Revtech 110 engine and Revtech 6-speed. The rear tire is a 180/55/18. I'm a sportbike guy so I don't know much about these things. I do have a spec sheet on it so if somebody wants more info, I'll try to help as much as I can. The build sheet says it's value is $27,000 selling for $16,000 neg. I don't really expect to sell this thing to one of you guys but if you know somebody who may be interested, my e-mail is ryanlettich at hotmail dot com

R1Baby

Control Rider
I work part time at a Independent Harley service center and the price you are asking is going to be a stretch. These bikes have fallen out of favor years ago and live in the repair shop. I blows my mind how much these things cost and you can't really enjoy riding them.

Ryan95

Ryan95;227304 wrote: Price is very negotiable.
The price is based off of what I saw on places like ebay. But I understand that doesn't mean they actually sold for those prices. What do you think it's worth if you feel $16k neg is a stretch??

gpracer15

$8000-10k IMO....

That bike is real close to the Custom Chrome kit bike which sold for $13k back about 8 years ago when the market was booming.

Assembly and paint was not included.

Ryan95

I wouldn't have a problem with 8-10 except, that's about what my parents paid in taxes... looks like winning this bike is going to be losing proposition.

gpracer15

Ryan95;237445 wrote: I wouldn't have a problem with 8-10 except, that's about what my parents paid in taxes... looks like winning this bike is going to be losing proposition.
Ouch must have been one steep gift tax...

This is just IMO so dont take it the wrong way....Could get 10-15k if you find the right buyer....

I had $26k in mine which most of that was dealer cost back in 03.....I built it and painted it myself so I saved
a ton.....113 cu in polished motor, 6spd, open primary, chrome billet wheels, etc ,etc, etc....

Now you can find a couple year old used bikes similar for well under $20k....

Ryan95

I appreciate the insight. Like I said in the original post, I don't know anything about these things. Just going by what I saw on ebay and the price Voodoo put on it, I thought it was a good place to start. My parents are tired of it sitting around, I guess I'll find out exactly what they have "invested" in it and go from there. Your's is very nice BTW.