'01 R6 Trackbike F/S- $1,800 (NYC)

dbarufaldi

Jpeay819;225066 wrote: All, looking for a good starter bike. Any feedback on this one? D-Zums offer is interesting...
This was my bike until the beginning of last season. It's a very solid bike, has some nice aftermarket pieces, stuff that if you bought a non-track or non-race bike, would cost you more than the entire cost of this bike. Has a nice cache of spares. It's not the prettiest bike out there, and you can't run AMA pace, but it will take you to A group without any further upgrades, without question.

FWIW, my best time at Calabogie was on that bike, and when I went back with a newer 600, I couldn't match it (I think it was me more than the bike, but that's kind of the point).

Bike is getting cheap enough that I'm actually considering buying it back, shipping it to Barber, and just doing fly-n-rides.

Dan B

blueninja1

Just putting everyone on notice that after this weekend I am bumping the price up to $2000. The bike has been severely undervalued and it is just not worth giving this bike away for free. I will throw in the pitbull rearstand for $100. Originally I was asking for $50 but that is too low.

Thanks,

Brendon

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
6500 + views of this post...no buyers yet..raise the price...Yep..that's the way to go.

blueninja1

Hey, I spent my hard-earned money on what I have, just like everybody else. I am entitled to sell my property for a good price and not be criticized for it. We're not friends and I understand that, so just squash this.

ckw373

If you haven't already tried, Craigslist is a good option. For me, for whatever reason, 90% of my big toys either come or go from Craigslist. That's where I sold my track-only bike, to someone who was 5 minutes from my house. Give it a try, it's free.

blueninja1

Yeah bro I tried CL and I did get a few calls but they never followed through. Many of the CL people seem shady.

Someone is coming over tomorrow and he sounds like a good guy. Honestly I'd love to sell the bike to a trackday member (tpm/absolute/nesba, they are all excellent orgs) more than anything because I figure they will appreciate the bike more than anyone else could. I'm also thankful for the community members who have been so open and friendly to me at the trackdays. It was refreshing to feel the pureness of people helping eachother out and I'd like to give something positive back.

I'll be happy to help a fellow rider out when I can.