6/17 Summit main - got the bump to I :)

Canali

Hey this is CR Chris that was pitted in the row with you at VIR and rode with you after your battle with gravity :) ... Great job! So proud that we have riders like you, methodically improving your riding and not rushing it either. See you in I group, congrats!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Ducati Pete

bboynicku;277498 wrote: Yesterday at Summit Main without asking for it i got the bump to I group! :D

Sweet Nick,

Congrats.......... I'll be joining you..................... in about 4 years........

Pete

bboynicku

Canali;278027 wrote: Hey this is CR Chris that was pitted in the row with you at VIR and rode with you after your battle with gravity :) ... Great job! So proud that we have riders like you, methodically improving your riding and not rushing it either. See you in I group, congrats!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Thanks Chris! Yup your help at VIR was greatly appreciated! THe last session of the day was the most fun i've had on two wheels! Everything seemed more smooth and flowly. Thanks again for showing me around the track and helping me get the confidence boost after my run off lol. Will definitely need to pick your brain as to how you learned the track so fast as well and next time i'll try and do both days :)

Looking forward to learning more and more in I group! Summit Jefferson this saturday will be my first full day in I! Another track i've not been to so looking forward to it!

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
Hey Nick.

I remember you and your lady from J.C. yesterday (6/29/2013). I also remember you reading your notebook of riding notes. I made a mental note to do the same.

I was the bro on the black R6 with blue tape pitted almost across from you.

Your late-braking was really strong and your lower gearing (I'm assuming) launched you off the turns like a rocket. I had to really late-brake to close up on ya.

Like you, I take a few sessions to get comfy. But yesterday, I think I mentioned I wasn't comfy at all and, so, wasn't having fun because I was alone on the track, in between the two groups, each session. I felt slow. I couldn't "nail" turn 3 and the last turn on J.C. I rarely had someone to follow their lines, save for a CR.

Thanks for being one of a few fellow riders to talk me out of bumping down to "B". Looking back on it, being alone was a 'plus' as I just kept applying what the NESBA folks advised me and worked on my lines.

I laugh (now) because I was dead set to bump down to "B".

I've forgotten the name of my other pit mate (who left early to tend to his dog and was returning for Shenny on Sunday). He was adamant that I not bump down for a list of reasons. Something he said clicked right then and there.

And a funny thing happened: the pointers given to me by the NESBA instructor (with hat & glasses) and the two CRs (one with an accent and the other with the skull cap & R6) started making sense. It took me half a day to believe their advice was right.

Looking forward to riding with you and the NESBA folks at a later date.

- Mike

bboynicku

virtualsolitude;279090 wrote: Hey Nick.

I remember you and your lady from J.C. yesterday (6/29/2013). I also remember you reading your notebook of riding notes. I made a mental note to do the same.

Your late-braking was really strong and your lower gearing (I'm assuming) launched you off the turns like a rocket. I had to really late-brake to close up on ya.

Like you, I take a few sessions to get comfy. But yesterday, I think I mentioned I wasn't comfy at all and, so, wasn't having fun because I was alone on the track, in between the two groups, each session. I felt slow. I couldn't "nail" turn 3 and the last turn on J.C. I rarely had someone to follow their lines, save for a CR.

Thanks for being one of a few fellow riders to talk me out of bumping down to "B". Looking back on it, being alone was a 'plus' as I just kept applying what the NESBA folks advised me and worked on my lines.

I've forgotten the name of my other pit mate (who left early to tend to his dog and was returning for Shenny on Sunday). He was adamant that I not bump down for a list of reasons. Something he said clicked right then and there.

And a funny thing happened: the pointers given to me by the NESBA instructor (with hat & glasses) and the two CRs (one with an accent and the other with the skull cap & R6) started making sense. It took me half a day to believe their advice was right.

- Mike
Hey Mike! Great meeting you this weekend. Glad we were able to figure out the 'oil' was actually you chain fliinging extra lube off lol

Yea i started using a notbook with a trackmap to take notes after each session and know what i'm going to work on the next session. Helps a lot especially learning new tracks. Did it again for Shenny the next day cause that layout was 16 turns! By the third session things were beginning to flow.

Thanks about the late braking, i have stock gearing, i just get on the throttle really early most times a bike length or two before the apex so i get pretty good drives out of corners :)

Looking forward to riding with you too! i think i'm trying to do VIR-north on mon/tues july 14/15 and then summit main end of the month

bboynicku

beevan217;279104 wrote: Congrats on the BUMP!! Keep listening, learning & applying
thanks! will do! made big steps forward this weekend at shenny as well. First two session i hated the track lol but then after starting to figure it out was having a blast by the end of the day

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
bboynicku;279303 wrote: ...Thanks about the late braking, i have stock gearing, i just get on the throttle really early most times a bike length or two before the apex so i get pretty good drives out of corners :)

Looking forward to riding with you too! i think i'm trying to do VIR-north on mon/tues july 14/15 and then summit main end of the month
Wow. That was impressive acceleration. I guess I assumed it was gearing. I'm gonna take notes...

I'll see you around at the track!

motorkas

virtualsolitude;279090 wrote: Hey Nick.

- Mike

Hey Mike - good pitting with you as well!!!!!!! (and thanks again for helping me relocate after my generator "incident"!!!!!!!. You just needed to do what we all need to do on occassion - get out of our own head. . ;). I'm not even going to tell you what Tibor (the CR with the accent) said to me to accomplish the same thing. . .but let's just say this - Hungarians aren't necessarily know for their subtlety and/or political correctness. . .:D. . .Any time you see me at the track, don't hesitate to set up shop next to me - really enjoyed it and glad to hear you had a good weekend!!!!!!!!!