6/3 Summit Jefferson wait list?

Is the A group actually full on Jefferson? I don't know why I have a hard time believing that, but if so, it would have to be the first time.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Why do you get the impression that it's full? Are you already an "Advance" rider in N2 or are you a new rider trying to register for the A group?

I tried to sign up and it put me on the wait list, Monday on Main was open. Usually A group only ever has maybe 4 or 5 riders in it on JC minus the CR's, that's why I was asking.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Are you referring to Shenny? If so, Shenny is indeed full. A lot more folks are riding it and having a blast on it, especially with smaller displacement bikes. Still some space available in A for Monday. Novice is full and I has just a few spots available.

The JC event on 6/3 is an Evolve event and is limited to Novice and Intermediate riders (special event).

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Shenny has actually been spruced up a bit in recent years, better paddock, bathrooms, showers, etc. I never rode it back in the NESBA days because of all the negative comments I heard from other riders (many of whom had never even been there). Then, one day, I said fuck it and took my Hyper out on the track. I smiled all day long.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Rob, you're right. Shenny actually has some pretty decent paddocks and facilities in general. The track itself is different - but can be a lot of fun. Plus, there aren't many places better to work on transitions from left-right-left than at Shenny. You go there not worrying about what your lap time is, and instead get your head in what the place can provide. In spite of what a lot of people seem to think, there is a lot to be said for Shenny.

I've ridden around it on a pit bike, it looks really fun, just don't like the walls. If there is ever a normal weekend N2 day at JC, I'd be all over it.