7/30 Lightning @ NJMP

JakeSizzle

What track side resources will we have on Sunday? I have a pirelli DRC rear that I think will be fine passing tech one more time before I need to chuck it. But just in case...

rob92

Control Rider
N2
It's both days. A normal track day with special guest Nate Kern, we'll be doing two-ups, drills in the paddock, extra classroom for those that wish to attend, etc. Should be a lot of fun.

ar556

It's both days. A normal track day with special guest Nate Kern, we'll be doing two-ups, drills in the paddock, extra classroom for those that wish to attend, etc. Should be a lot of fun.

Do you need to sign up/reserve a spot, similar to an ATP day, or is it open to anyone who wants to participate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yd0401

It'll be my first time at Lightning too in the novice group! Hopefully I'll catch you around and we can compare notes!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Do you need to sign up/reserve a spot, similar to an ATP day, or is it open to anyone who wants to participate?

You do need to register. Create an account on n2td.org. There is a discount for the cross country days - check Facebook or call Cross country for the code. But you do need to register through the N2 website. You can't just show up.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
You do need to register. Create an account on n2td.org. There is a discount for the cross country days - check Facebook or call Cross country for the code. But you do need to register through the N2 website. You can't just show up.

I'm confused. I see nothing on event registration.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Hmm. Maybe I'm mistaken on how to register for the cross country discount. Could have sworn I saw a code on Facebook

ar556

I mean for for the extra activities at this event. The classroom sessions, skills drills, etc. I have a prepaid package for the year, so I don't think hunting down the discount code would do me any good. Unless it's for those "extras"?

JakeSizzle

How late will tech be open for people pre-registered? A buddy and I are gonna be rolling in right around 8am. Don't wanna miss the riders meeting! :like:

JakeSizzle

I had an idea... We always get the flags speech at the beginning of each TD. It would be great if an N2 leader or CR would get on the event-day thread after the event and list the issues they might have seen. Not saying names or bike #'s or anything, just pointing out the issues they saw.

For example, I heard that I-group front straight crash the dude ran ACROSS the track to get to his bike? was that true? A big no-no either way. The Turn 1 crash with the CR, is he okay?

Just so we can look back on the day and gauge N2's thoughts of how things could have gone better. I love riding with N2 because you guys provide a safe environment to ride fast! 99.9% of the time I feel that if i'm going to crash, it's because of something I do wrong, and not someone else doing something wrong and that's huge for my own confidence!

YOLOrider87

I agree. A bit more feedback on forums will help like an after action review will go a long way for some. I know its hard sometimes especially with the amount of riders that turn up and people unable to get more one on one with CRs, if not no feedback. The novice group had to be split into two groups which was great and alleviated congestion on a shorter track. I was cut off on one or two occasions by someone doing an inside pass on a turn which could've been bad, at the same time I understand when someone commits to a turn especially on a bike its a lot different then driving a cage, its part of track days. I saw the video on YouTube of that crash, I was actually watching that session from the rear of the concession stands when it happened. I believe both walked away fine, not sure how bad the bikes were. Crash happens at 8:23 min mark.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Wow! Thanks for the video. I was wondering what had happened. I was unfortunately stranded off the right side of T5 as at the same time I had an electrical problem that killed my bike. Then I was waiting for a recovery vehicle as it was tied up taking care of that accident. That video is worth a thousand words.