7/6 Summit Main PA Announcer amazing job

Luggageboy

Hi all and anybody who was at summit main on July 6,
I meant to try to find some summit folks before leaving but neglected to do so in time.

I thought the guy doing the group calls and announcements on the intercom did a fantastic job and wanted to acknowledge the appreciation. Not sure if other people also noticed or felt the same way.

The announcer consistently gave a heads up to all skill groups if the sessions would be delayed due to a crash or picking a bike etc.... to keep everybody out of the heat and in the pit until the track was ready. He also provided updates on the weather forecast and put out reminders for securing the tents.

I wasn’t sure of the best way to pass this acknowledgement of appreciation forward as I think this was really a “best practice” for how to effectively use the intercom to keep a track day crowd informed and efficient.
So if anybody knows who was making calls and could pass this forward to them please do.

dhaines

I thought the same thing so I walked over and told him this afternoon. I’ve had a couple different crews and these guys were on point. Not just talking nonsense like some people but relaying actual helpful info and they kept it moving all weekend. So I told them I think everyone appreciates it.

pjzocc

Many comments/compliments were heard. Track Marshall did a great job at communicating session calls, updates on delays and weather conditions. Summit really had a great crew working the track this weekend!