8/25 Thunderbolt (finally!)

ApriliaRider

Well I'm finally registered for my first ever track day! Do these usually have a suspension person available? Mine is still set to stock and I'm pretty sure it is not setup as well as it could be but it's one of the few things I don't feel confident to mess with on my own.
Can't wait to get out there and begin the process of learning how to do this :)

tdelegram

Control Rider
Usually mark from markbuit is there and mike the tire vendor too. Both can help you with baseline setting, mike did my r1 and it’s spot on.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Awesome, see you there! As Tom mentioned, Mark is there doing baseline suspension set ups for 40 bucks. Best 40 bucks you'll spend on your bike!
Look me up if you have any questions, I'll be coaching in the Novice group, so I'm sure I'll see you!

ApriliaRider

I'm sure this is up here somewhere but I couldn't find it...is there electricity in the parking area available (tire warmers) or would I need a genny?

ApriliaRider

Thank you everyone at N2 & especially the CR's who were very helpful and patient with someone who just stunk it up out there! I think I got ever so slightly less terrible as the day went on but I was still pretty awful.
Didn't crash so that was good! There were actually a few incidents in front of me and I didn't follow anyone off track.
I'm sorry to report however that I was not discouraged enough to say screw this so I WILL be back at some point...lol

If anyone is interested my wife took a slew of pictures of other bikes. I just need to find a good spot to host them & will get them uploaded.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Glad you had fun. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. At least not that I recall, I talk to so many people! Next time!
Thank you everyone at N2 & especially the CR's who were very helpful and patient with someone who just stunk it up out there! I think I got ever so slightly less terrible as the day went on but I was still pretty awful.
Didn't crash so that was good! There were actually a few incidents in front of me and I didn't follow anyone off track.
I'm sorry to report however that I was not discouraged enough to say screw this so I WILL be back at some point...lol

If anyone is interested my wife took a slew of pictures of other bikes. I just need to find a good spot to host them & will get them uploaded.

chrisplm

Chris
Glad that you had a great time, and your coming back!
What bike were you riding? (Should I assume an Aprilia?)

ApriliaRider

RLB_5637_zpsjbmtxbvw.jpg

This was me :)