9/2 Rd ATL - Thank You N2

HeadRush

Dear N2, Imall Motorcycling and the N2 Coach on the ZX-10(sorry i never got your name!),

My race buddy and I recently moved from out west. We've been trying to go to the different east coast tracks and race. This event at Rd Atl was our first time there. Our plan was to do the open lapping/practice and the WERA sprints on Sun. I had met Brian at CMP on a visit 4-5 years back. After seeing all the sweaty mcsweats pros in Advanced I and the small intermediate group I came up to Brian and asked him if I could bump down so I could get a feel for the track.

At beginning of second session a N2 Coach/Control Rider on a ZX-10 passes me on outside of T1 and taps his tail. He had obviously seen my buddy and I struggling. Especially, T1 to T7. We tucked in for the tow. When he gapped me or there was traffic, he would slow down and keep the tow going lap after lap for entire session. Even though that was our second and last session of day (because we are soft western racers with no wet/rain experience), his tow helped us tremendously. It gave us a ton of things to work on Sun morning during the one practice and as the sprint races progressed. By my second race, probably less than 30 laps at Road ATL on a stock suspension w/rebound 15 clicks out, tires with 50+ laps including 4 races at NCBike, I almost had my pace down into the 30s before it started raining on Sun.

I'm not sure of the ZX-10 guy's name, Brain said he thinks it is Jamie, but we did stop and talk at the end of the second session. He was like "Man that was fun, huh!". He had the biggest smile! Of course, I said, "yes!" We probably went quicker with him than we did racing on Sunday! lol! We also discussed what I saw him doing and he provided affirmation of what I believe he was trying to show us. Please tell him that as a track day coach/control rider from out west for LegionMoto that the extra level of service doesn't go unnoticed. It's greatly appreciated and flattened my learning curve on a brand-new track! I still know where i can easily find time when i get the bike stiffened up, some shorter gearing, and fresh rubber!

Thanks N2 Org, Coaches/Control Riders, ZX-10 Guy(Jamie???), and Brian!

Sincerely,
Pat P CCS #142/ASRA-WERA #742.

P.S See you at Barber!