Advanced group SED Day next year???

joeyb

Just thought I would throw this out there, I attended the SED days while in "B" and "I" groups at VIR, and loved every minute. Thought it would be cool if we could try an all "A" group day somewhere, any chances of that happening???

noobinacan

please no SED days...specially at VIR
some of us can't afford that stuff...

plus isn't that contradicting itself...A group SED days.
that's like saying CR's in A group.

I'll take a stab at it, SED day is...less crowd and you get one of one with CR's.
open track...so you can lap all you want.

but costs $$$ as well...

erick1670

I would be all over this if they make it happen....

I can allways use some reforcement from those who do this track thing more often than me :dunno:

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Skills Enhancement Days are probably why some of us are in A group.

Making it to NESBA's Advanced Group is one of my life's greatest accomplishments..right next to graduating from college.

Just like graduation, I discovered that making it to Advanced was just the beginning. Learning to adapt to the environment out there during an A session is a WHOLE different set of skills. Don't get me wrong..it's a HELL of a LOT of fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything..But, "DAMN these guys are FAST!" rolls through your head a lot as they're all flying buy you.

bryant#40

I've been to one SED 'A' day at roebling and it was one of the best days ever. I would be interested if it was at a smaller (cheaper) track

j_fuggin_t

D-Zum;160356 wrote: Skills Enhancement Days are probably why some of us are in A group.

Making it to NESBA's Advanced Group is one of my life's greatest accomplishments..right next to graduating from college.

Just like graduation, I discovered that making it to Advanced was just the beginning. Learning to adapt to the environment out there during an A session is a WHOLE different set of skills. Don't get me wrong..it's a HELL of a LOT of fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything..But, "DAMN these guys are FAST!" rolls through your head a lot as they're all flying buy you.
I hear ya I quickly found out how crazy fast them guys were. It's fun though, it's like a teaser, your the fast guy in b group and the your the slow guy in I then your the fast guy in I and then it's like surprise were all really fuckin fast so keep up :D next year is gonna be fun :)

JRA

The day at Roebling wasn't an SED day, it was just an Advanced only day.

SED does not equal open track with lots of CR's. A Skills Enhancement Day is about learning the techniques that make guys fast, and about learning why those techniques work. You do gets lots of track time and you do get lots of instruction if you want it, but you also spend a lot of time listening to some very accomplished people explain and demonstrate these things to you.

I've learned a lot from our SED 's. One of the really cool things about this sport is no matter how good you are at it there is always somebody better (unless your name is Valentino), so there is always something more you can learn.

At this point we are still making plans for next season. I would think that making a SED for A group is a long shot because we would need a lot of riders to make it happen.

jigs

JRA;160378 wrote: The day at Roebling wasn't an SED day, it was just an Advanced only day.

SED does not equal open track with lots of CR's. A Skills Enhancement Day is about learning the techniques that make guys fast, and about learning why those techniques work. You do gets lots of track time and you do get lots of instruction if you want it, but you also spend a lot of time listening to some very accomplished people explain and demonstrate these things to you.

I've learned a lot from our SED 's. One of the really cool things about this sport is no matter how good you are at it there is always somebody better (unless your name is Valentino), so there is always something more you can learn.

At this point we are still making plans for next season. I would think that making a SED for A group is a long shot because we would need a lot of riders to make it happen.
Yup,with margins as thin as they are they'd almost have to start now,getting deposits and see how much momentum carries towards the season,and nail a cntralized track down....I can see where that would be really tough....I guess I would look to maybe,if you want personalized attention,grab a local real fast rider and comp their day,and go one on one,I saw Brian Stokes working with the gentleman on the yellow R-6 all weekend......I wouldn't mind a weekend with Mr. Stokes at Barber...

ronhix

I like the idea ... A LOT.

Punam is centrally located as the southern-most mid-west track and should be equally accessible from the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions.

Since it is not a "premier" track, it is one of the less expensive tracks to rent, so that should help as well.

Super grippy, rain or shine...

Just a thought...

j_fuggin_t

JRA;160378 wrote: The day at Roebling wasn't an SED day, it was just an Advanced only day.

:agree: i picked up SECONDS from my putnam SED day this year, i think the I/A combined is a good idea, us I guys learn alot about passing, where we can go faster in turns JUST by watching the A guys

jigs

Love Putnam,SED would work for me there epecially since I havn't been there in 3 years...WTF!! Love that tracl.....eats tires though I remember....:wow: