Announcement About NJMP Lightning October 3 & 4

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Though the center of the hurricane may or may not directly make landfall in NJ, flooding and significant wind gusts will certainly be felt all up and down the East Coast. In addition another storm system threatening heavy rain and significant flooding will be with us through the weekend. These conditions will not allow us to ride the track safely and because the safety of our members is paramount we will not be able to hold an event at Lightning this Saturday and Sunday.

UPDATE!! We will be riding on Monday. Early registration pricing will be in effect for anyone that has been stuck indoors because of the rain and looking to get some track time.

Everyone who signed up will receive credit. If you have any questions please use the contact form on http://www.n2td.org/

We are looking to add an additional Monday on Thunderbolt, October 26th. This day is tentative and we will be confirming this date with New Jersey Motorsports today and potential for additional days before the season is out.

We wish all our members up and down the east coast the best of luck with these storms.

Last edited:

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
It is always a gamble, especially with weather. We all love to ride and it is unfortunate when mother nature rears her head.

Not everyone has rain tires and it truly makes riding in the wet a lot of fun....even with DOT's it can be fun with throttle and brake application techniques being maximized.
Hindsight is always 50/50.......you can rarely go wrong pushing to safe side of things especially on a track day...we live to ride another day....Thanks for the update James!

CBRtist

Bummer. Other than a bit of rain today, the forecast looks perfect for the weekend.

As a member, I'm sure there will be some bummed and frustrated because they have been inconvenienced in some way... myself included. I had many things in place and am equally disappointed.

I'm pretty certain that there was a delay in this announcement so that they could be certain of their decision based on the overall best for the members. Trying to keep Monday open and also add an additional date is also a great gesture. :like:

However many might be disappointed because of the cancellation, there would have been an equivalent number complaining about safety issues had the event been pushed forward. Thanks N2 for considering all aspects and maintaining your reputation as a safe organization. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make!

Slowride

I work just a couple miles from the track and it is windy and rainy here today 51° so it really would not be a fun day at the track. The forecast is for more heavy rain to move in tonight and tomorrow. The hurricane is tracking farther east and will not directly effect this area outside of some rain and windy conditions for Sat and part of Sunday.
The safety of the riders and all involved is alway best.
Thank you for the update.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

mpusch

Micah
As a member, I'm sure there will be some bummed and frustrated because they have been inconvenienced in some way... myself included. I had many things in place and am equally disappointed.

I'm pretty certain that there was a delay in this announcement so that they could be certain of their decision based on the overall best for the members. Trying to keep Monday open and also add an additional date is also a great gesture. :like:

However many might be disappointed because of the cancellation, there would have been an equivalent number complaining about safety issues had the event been pushed forward. Thanks N2 for considering all aspects and maintaining your reputation as a safe organization. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make!

Yup, I'm not condemning the decision. I know they don't take that lightly.

Puts a few of us in a real awkward position if Monday doesn't get cancelled though.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Another factor in our decision (and more to come) is drainage at the track -and- the wind forecast. While the storm may be veering off into the Atlantic as the Euro model has predicted, it will leave us with potential wind gusts that could be dangerous.

HavocCat

Chris
Well pray for Monday I suppose.

It's tough because I have to pretty much move heaven and earth, getting time off of work and such. (I work alot of weekends) But I'm sure I'm not the only one.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
UPDATE!! We will be riding on Monday. Early registration pricing will be in effect for anyone that has been stuck indoors because of the rain and looking to get some track time.

sv650

Kendall
Another factor in our decision (and more to come) is drainage at the track -and- the wind forecast. While the storm may be veering off into the Atlantic as the Euro model has predicted, it will leave us with potential wind gusts that could be dangerous.

I was wondering about that. Last time I ran lightning after rain there was water running across at T7 all day long. Probably going to be almost flooded with all this rain. I won't make it Monday, hope everyone that does has a blast though!