Another from North Carolina

StickMan74

Hey everyone, I'm Shane from Harrisburg (right outside of Charlotte). Old racer from back in the day with WERA. Quit racing and street riding for 19 years, but now back at it doing some track days. Thanks for having me.

Sent from my T770B using Tapatalk

bmart

Control Rider
Do you have a street bike? A few of us get out on non trackday weekends. It would be super convenient to you.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Hello Shane. Did you used to race a GS500E? IIRC, there was a Shane from Harrisburg on the ooooooooooold GS500E email list. Like, around 1999 and 2000, lol.

Going to be at CMP at the end of August?

bmart

Control Rider
I loved the look of that GS. I was the "everything but rider" for a friend who raced an EX500 back in the day. I hated that bike.

Classy
1629236642775.png

or Garish

1629236672769.png

StickMan74

Do you have a street bike? A few of us get out on non trackday weekends. It would be super convenient to you.
Yes, I have a sport bike and a cruiser. If it's a long ride, I take the cruiser. Old injuries make me ache too bad on the CBR, lol. Plus at 47, I just hurt, haha.

StickMan74

Hello Shane. Did you used to race a GS500E? IIRC, there was a Shane from Harrisburg on the ooooooooooold GS500E email list. Like, around 1999 and 2000, lol.

Going to be at CMP at the end of August?
No sir, wasn't me. I lived in Charlotte at the time, and raced a Yamaha YZF600. But that is when I was racing, 98-2002. Number 880.

View attachment 8641

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider

I started trackdays on a GS500E, Got it new in 92 and started trackdays in 99 on it. ride for a year or so before it stated making clanking noises, no rev limter and 30,000+ miles added to it. Sold it as parts.

I was on the list too. I remember the guy that cut a GSXR head in half and used that on top of the GS500 motor.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
I started trackdays on a GS500E, Got it new in 92 and started trackdays in 99 on it. ride for a year or so before it stated making clanking noises, no rev limter and 30,000+ miles added to it. Sold it as parts.

Haha, that was 29.400 miles longer than my 1989 GS500E's engine lasted. :cautious:

KK's 2000 GS500E was much more reliable, but god was it awful - even after we dumped a small fortune into the suspension, brakes, fairing, and seat.