Another new guy

Mike67

Hello all. After 25 years on standards and cruisers I finally bought a bike that corners... A Honda ST1300. I'm thinking about doing some track days to expand my comfort zone and maybe realise more of the ST's potential. I'm in western Pa so I'd be going to the track near Pitt. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Mike welcome aboard, I am a SW PA person too, lots of us out here. Also have a cruiser, if you have questions feel free to post them up. I usually hit all the Pitt Race dates feel free to lol me up in the pits, look for the ktm canopies with the ktms.

Go to the N2 website and check out the riders manual lots of great information there to help get you ready for next season.

Tom

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! You'll have a blast a learn a ton! i'v ehad previous FJ1200 models out there and have also had my VFR800 on the track. Enjoy!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Hi Mike, welcome from another western pa guy. I’m just south of Pittsburgh. You’ve got a perfect situation with N2 and Pitt Race. If you have any questions feel free to reach out. Help is only a tap away. I’m a control rider and would be happy to help make sure you’re first day out is awesome.

Louber

Welcome! N2 is a fantastic club. The forum here is a great resource too.

Another Pittsburgher here. We're lucky that Pitt Race is so close. A fantastic circuit.

You might find yourself shopping for a supersport before too long ;)

Mike67

Welcome! You'll really learn how to ride that ST on the track! Lots of great folks here, as Tom said, check the Riders' Manual http://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/N2-Riders-Manual-Ver.-2.0.1.pdf

Reach out with any other questions. Post up when you'll be at Pittrace, introduce yourself to those pitting around you and you'll get plenty of friendly help!
Checked out the manual- lots of info there. I'm not super worried about the tech inspection, I keep up on maintenance pretty well and the bike's in good shape, but time will tell. Might have to get some new riding gear. Roadcrafter jacket and Fly riding pants don't zip together and my Bates Enforcer boots need replaced...this is a good reason (excuse) to get actual riding boots.. All in good time. Getting excited already! Mike.

bmart

Control Rider
Note that you can rent great at the track, if you arrange it beforehand. it might be a good option if you're not sure that you're ready for that expense yet. Looking forward to seeing you out there!

Mike67

Renting gear is a good option. I'll probably go with it! I plan on spectating an event or two beforehand and I'll post here when I do. Looking forward to meeting you all!

tdelegram

Control Rider
I think your plan of spectating will fail. You’ll get really itchy once you get there. I would recommend you get gear or arrange for gear rental and do the introduction sessions in the AM, I think the first 3 sessions are free then if you want to stay the rest of the day you can buy in.