Another new guy

Mhaire

Just got back into sportbikes last year after taking a couple of years off. Been doing trackdays through military trackdays at Jennings, also I have attended Florida trackdays at pbir and homestead, as well I attended a Yamaha champ school. I will be attending Road Atlanta on the 3rd and 4th, first n2 trackday for me . Any advice (tire pressures, tech location, photographer ,ect.. ) would be appreciated. Thanks and see you at the track

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! All events seem to have a photographer. Tire pressures will depend on the tires (brand/model) you have. Tech/registration on site will be obvious with all of the coaches hudled together! Hope to see you there. come say hi! Road Atlanta is a HOOT!

Motofun352

Control Rider
Tech is from 7:00 to 8:00 each morning with the rider meeting at 8:15. Rd Atl has a big paddock (good) but it was wired by the Amish (ie no knowledge on the subject). It's been a few years for me visiting RA, I hope they've fixed it by now.

Mhaire

Welcome! All events seem to have a photographer. Tire pressures will depend on the tires (brand/model) you have. Tech/registration on site will be obvious with all of the coaches hudled together! Hope to see you there. come say hi! Road Atlanta is a HOOT!
Thank for the reply. I run metzeler td slicks. At Jennings tire pressure is 19rear 27front adjust as needed. Jennings is a much slower track than RA, dont want to burn up tires on first day. Getting started in Intermediate. I will be arriving on the 2nd and camping in my trailer. I'll be the one with a loud generator.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Just my opinion but high speed tracks like Rd Atl don't seem to too hard on tires as compared to the twisty tracks with lots of side loaded acceleration. I've never worn out the center of the tire....I wish I could say the same about the mid-edge. Of course the pavement makes a world of difference. I don't have a recent opinion about RA.

Mhaire

Just my opinion but high speed tracks like Rd Atl don't seem to too hard on tires as compared to the twisty tracks with lots of side loaded acceleration. I've never worn out the center of the tire....I wish I could say the same about the mid-edge. Of course the pavement makes a world of difference. I don't have a recent opinion about RA.
Jennings eats tire

bmart

Control Rider
From what I've seen, track surface is the big variable. VIR and Road Atlanta "renew" tires!

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Interesting pressures. That’s probably about 8 lbs low on both tires. That has to turn like a truck

bmart

Control Rider
I set my Dunlop pressures hot, but they seem to go up 5-8 lbs from cold (cold varies, but hot is constant...)

Mhaire

Interesting pressures. That’s probably about 8 lbs low on both tires. That has to turn like a truck
Just received email from my Metzeler guy, cold temps 29-32 front 22-25 rear . The pressure 19 27 was my last TD at Jennings back in May and seemed to work out great. Lap times between 126 -129 . Barb bumped me up.