Any recommendation for Wheel Chock

If this is for strapping a bike down forget using a wheel chock and buy the Pit-Bull TRS system. Worth every dang penny and then some.

Amac955

Julio Caliente;138556 wrote: If this is for strapping a bike down forget using a wheel chock and buy the Pit-Bull TRS system. Worth every dang penny and then some.
+ 1 Million.

FullThrottle96

It looks like the Pit-Bull TRS system is bike specific. I have an 05 R1 and plan on buying an R6. I'd hate to spend the $$ on a set up that won't work with the R6 too. I'm leaning towards the Baxley.

Mikey75702

FullThrottle96;138780 wrote: It looks like the Pit-Bull TRS system is bike specific. I have an 05 R1 and plan on buying an R6. I'd hate to spend the $$ on a set up that won't work with the R6 too. I'm leaning towards the Baxley.
From what I was told the only difference bike to bike is the pins. And some bikes use the same pins because they use the same axle. Like my TL will use the pins for a busa,srad gsxr, etc. Not sure if it will cross sizes for th yamaha though.

Nexus

FullThrottle96;138780 wrote: It looks like the Pit-Bull TRS system is bike specific. I have an 05 R1 and plan on buying an R6. I'd hate to spend the $$ on a set up that won't work with the R6 too. I'm leaning towards the Baxley.
Correct. You need specific pins for each bike. Plus depending on your trailer setup it could be somewhat of a balancing act. I think both solutions are great, but I prefer the Baxley chock.

It can be removed from your trailer with 1 bolt. Then used in your pits.

It works with almost every motorcycle.

wesmith443

I got the knock off condor from Harbor Freight because i needed a chock ASAP and it works great. Switching to the Pit Bull TRS over the winter.

Gorecki

wesmith443;138923 wrote: I got the knock off condor from Harbor Freight because i needed a chock ASAP and it works great. Switching to the Pit Bull TRS over the winter.
You get that thing to work with a sport bike? I got one and can't get a tire through the rear section. I've used it as a portable tie-down chock without the back piece but wanted to use it to stand a bike so I could work on it...that didn't work. :rolleyes:

dbakerpa

I have been hauling mine trouble free with a 40 dollar chock from Harbor Freight. It works as well as the borrowed Baxley I used for say 150 bucks less.

wesmith443

Gorecki;138995 wrote: You get that thing to work with a sport bike? I got one and can't get a tire through the rear section. I've used it as a portable tie-down chock without the back piece but wanted to use it to stand a bike so I could work on it...that didn't work. :rolleyes:
We are talking about this one right? If so I have no complaints. Works great!

Goldie

Scooter chock

I have a baxley in my trailer to accomodate all bikes and I have Condor's "scooter" chock which is more smaller, compact and cheaper but "can onlu be use with sport bikes"...Hold's my 636 and R6 perfectly. Love the small footprint and the blue color chock.

The Condor is a permanent trailer chock that never leaves the trailer, while the Baxley is removable using quick nuts "long". I can remove the baxley very quickly with my hands using a allen wrench should I need to use it in a place other than my trailer. The Baxley chock is top notch, but you don't need their bolt down kit for $30 plus shipping. Quick Nuts Long is $25 shipped and the hardware is meaty, flush and just as good. Don't take much to keep the baxley from moving.

The scooter chock won't hold big bikes such as cruisers or touring. Should I have to haul a big bike, I use the baxley. To date I have had no need to haul anything but crotch rockets. :D Plus if you buy a scooter as a pitbike in the future you can throw it in the chock as well.

The CONDOR® SCC-4000 Scooter/Moped Chock
http://store.condor-lift.com/products.php?product=Scooter-Chock

Quick nuts (Get the LONG ones)
http://www.discountramps.com/cargo-quick-nuts.htm

borislav

Control Rider
Goldie;139027 wrote: I have a baxley in my trailer to accomodate all bikes and I have Condor's "scooter" chock which is more smaller, compact and cheaper but "can onlu be use with sport bikes"...Hold's my 636 and R6 perfectly. Love the small footprint and the blue color chock.

The Condor is a permanent trailer chock that never leaves the trailer, while the Baxley is removable using quick nuts "long". I can remove the baxley very quickly with my hands using a allen wrench should I need to use it in a place other than my trailer. The Baxley chock is top notch, but you don't need their bolt down kit for $30 plus shipping. Quick Nuts Long is $25 shipped and the hardware is meaty, flush and just as good. Don't take much to keep the baxley from moving.

The scooter chock won't hold big bikes such as cruisers or touring. Should I have to haul a big bike, I use the baxley. To date I have had no need to haul anything but crotch rockets. :D Plus if you buy a scooter as a pitbike in the future you can throw it in the chock as well.

The CONDOR® SCC-4000 Scooter/Moped Chock
http://store.condor-lift.com/products.php?product=Scooter-Chock

Quick nuts (Get the LONG ones)
http://www.discountramps.com/cargo-quick-nuts.htm
You are not corect about Condor because you can buy one wich is going to accomodate any bike and it can be just chock or you buy trailer adaptor kit and voila you have both pitstop chock and trailer chock!Look it up on internet.

Gorecki

wesmith443;139002 wrote: We are talking about this one right? If so I have no complaints. Works great!
Yep, that's the one! Hmmm...not sure why I was having so much trouble. On my track bike the body work is too close to the wheel so I simply can't get the back support to roll up between. Maybe I need to mess with it some more? Thanks! :cool:

ronhix

If you choose a wheel chock and not one of the strapless tie down systems like the Pitbull or STS, be sure to strap the bike down properly so the forks are not binding in any way. Or else you may be buying lots of fork seal replacements ... don't ask me how I know this ... :doh: