Anyone run a Pirelli td front/q4 rear combo?

Graybeal

I have a good TD front but am having trouble coming up with a rear. Would it be okay to run a q4 rear with my Pirelli front?

Poper

Absolutely. They don’t talk to each other. It’s ideal to run a paired set, but I’ve mixed and matched every big-4 brand (slick and DOT) over the years with no issues at all.

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
I did it a few times. The profiles were different so the front would tip in but the rear would take a bit more lean angle then tip in. Felt funny at first but it did the same thing every time so I got used to it.

NV83

I have a good TD front but am having trouble coming up with a rear. Would it be okay to run a q4 rear with my Pirelli front?
That's my current setup. No issues except for the cost of the Q4:mad:. After N2 dumped Pirelli for Dunlop, I was not able to find TDs in time. I had to ride so I had to spend. I am relatively inexperienced but I believe I was able to feel the Q4 (190/55, which is all he had) tip in a little slower than the TD (180/60). Both are pretty soft and sticky. Another significant difference is the the recommend pressures. The rear Q4 being a bit higher. I attached the pressure charts I received from the vendors for both tires. Definitely consult a tire vendor at an event, as they will be able to give you experienced, professional, and condition specific recommendations for your pressures. Ride fast. Ride Safe.

Attachments

• Dunlop Q4.pdf
    157.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Pirelli TD.pdf
    25.5 KB · Views: 10

bmart

Control Rider
Did you find any actual width or shape comparisons? Those published # sizes mean almost nothing these days.