Anything to prep for race school

mdhokie

Hi, I'm signed up for the race school at NCBike May 1. Anything I ought to do to prepare? I'm planning on going ahead with all the safety wire required by WERA, and am running just water + water wetter for coolant. That will be my first time back on the track since last year, so I am prepared to be embarrassed in the mock race.

Jester

Yamahawkins
Control Rider
Director
The only way to lose the mock race is to crash in it.

You don't need to bring anything special, class will be held down at the building with the bathrooms. I would bring a bicycle or pit bike with you for transportation or just pit close to that area.

damiankelly

Practice some starts if you never have so you do not wheelie too bad in the heat of the drop of the flag.. good luck.

mdhokie

Will we be able to ride at least one session to warm up before mock race? Or is it straight from the classroom to the grid?

mdhokie

Good, thanks! I was afraid I might have to turn my first lap of the year in the mock race starting cold, which did not fill me with confidence.

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
No need to worry at all about the mock race. It’s good practice for a start and then just cruise around like a track day.

mpusch

Micah
Just thought I'd chime in with something that hasn't been mentioned yet - the goal of the mock race is just to finish!

Obviously kidding :) it's true though. That said, I still remember getting that adrenaline rush when the flag was getting ready to drop for my mock race. The class does a great job getting you ready for the real thing.

Hope to see you out there!