Armour Bodies/NESBA Promo

Woodcraft

Bodywork Heat Tape

The heat tape is a universal thing sold at automotive stores. Most of it is adhesive backed and works well. It just offers a little extra protection against the heat thrown off by a stock muffler or cat.

seatec

crap just read the firs line in the first post. Offer expired!!. Lets see if the other body makers have offers. ;)

Woodcraft

Armour Bodies & NESBA

bme61679;169376 wrote: Any chance of an armour bodies/NESBA spring '11 promo?
Woodcraft will offer, as we have in the past, $100 off any Armour Bodies Kit for all NESBA members. This deal is good for all of 2011!!

NESBA members simply need to call in orders and provide their NESBA membership number.

bugmn20

Woodcraft;169399 wrote: Woodcraft will offer, as we have in the past, $100 off any Armour Bodies Kit for all NESBA members. This deal is good for all of 2011!!

NESBA members simply need to call in orders and provide their NESBA membership number.
This is great news! Are you also offering free shiping and the dzus fasteners and/or kevlar upgrade? Also, I see that the track day store sells Armour bodies. If we order and take advantage of this deal, so we get the credits from TDS towards free track time? Thanks

Woodcraft

The free shipping and dzus was a one time deal (a loss leader of sorts). However, the Kevlar upgrade is now in all the new Armour Bodies kits. This long standing direct NESBA member deal is still in place, as it has been since Armour and NESBA got together years ago.

The track day store has a separate program for Armour Bodies stuff, and it works out to be a good deal for NESBA members as well. If you want to support those guys and take advantage of their offer I encourage you to do so.

seatec

Im goign to rattle can mine. Any reccomedations as to what Cans to use? Krylon? what type. thanks

Woodcraft

I don't ...... but I think that Krylon s a good name brand. I'd just scuff it with Scotchbrite and go from there with your can of choice.

seatec

Yeah, i figure it's track plastic and no sense in spending a couple of hundred on a paint job only to scuff it up. Don't need to have a Ben Spies quality paint job and ride like Betty White.

seatec

Question, I recently purchsed the body kit for my 2010 R1. Is it normal that there are openings in the bottom of the tail just past the draft shield on either side? With a hotbodies set the tail usually slides over the stock bottom plastic but the armour you take all the tail plastic off. top and draft.

I was wondering because i think it might allow some debris up in there from below. Think i'll use some duct tape to close up the gaps.

seatec

Another question. Since the Stock mounting for a a 2010 R1 windscreen doesnt require andy bolt and ths screen have minimal tab space whar double bubble screena and what fastening hardware is recomended?

Swodi

Two questions. 1) Will this bodywork fit over the factory exhaust with cat installed on the bike in question 2?

2) I have an 08 GSXR750. I noticed this kit, or at least pictures of it, don't have top mounting dimples on the tail. Can you tell what the attachment points for the tail are? I see one on each side up near the tank using the seat attachment bolts, but nothing else. Seems like that would make for a bit of a floppy tail. Give me some good news and tell me I'm missing something. ;)

Woodcraft

seatec;171015 wrote: Question, I recently purchsed the body kit for my 2010 R1. Is it normal that there are openings in the bottom of the tail just past the draft shield on either side? With a hotbodies set the tail usually slides over the stock bottom plastic but the armour you take all the tail plastic off. top and draft.

I was wondering because i think it might allow some debris up in there from below. Think i'll use some duct tape to close up the gaps.
I have not personally mounted one of those are R1 kits. I believe the two holes you are referring to are for the exhaust hangers. Could I get you to post a couple of pictures so I can see exactly what's going on?