Astars VS SIDI

Kruizen

Control Rider
I have always worn A*stars SMX plus boots, but I have a tendency to wear my toe slider out(pain to find correct year slider and they don't make a magnesium one for the new boots) and put a hole in the sole of the boot with the peg.

I'm thinking about the SIDI Mag-1 boots, literature says they weight 4.4#'s each, that seems heavy as the A*stars SMX plus only weight 2.4#

I'm thinking the Mag-1 because they are supposed to be easier to put on.

For those who have worn both can you give me a comparison. and your thoughts on the 2 different brands

Thanks

Motofun352

Control Rider
Astars are a little more generous in the toe area. I have 2 pair of Sidi and just bought a new Astar all in 46 size.

borislav

Control Rider
Have A* and Sidi Vortices
A* SuperTech R are awesom boots comfortable,easy to put on and take off. Replaced soles once for $70 by A* USA at same time they replaced all sliders no charge.I went down twice and boots protected my feet and ankles like they should,still in grate condition!:like:

Sidi Vortices are great boots,very good protection,tested them too and no injury to my feet and ankles.
Only gripe with them is they are complicated to put on compared to A*, I feel like darn Power Ranger putting them on!
Never tried Mag 1,I think they did simplify proces of putting them on. I think you will not make mistake buying either of them, try both of them and go with what feels more comfortable and safer to you.
I must say at this time I like SuprTech's more but I did use them more than Sidi's so...

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Just bought A* SupertechR (last year model) on sale at one of the online suppliers. They still have some left and while I have not ridden in them yet, getting them on and off is very easy, and they feel awesome.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
A* will work better for wider feet.

Sidis are harder to put on.

But honestly both are great boots.

You cannot go wrong either way.

Kruizen

Control Rider
So both boots fit narrower(way to narrow) than the smx-pluses I've worn for years and can't go to a larger size because then Id have length issues.

Tried the tcx sr-2 evo and the fit is great, but im worried about the Velcro closure around the calf wearing out.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
The first time I got my Sidi Vortice boots, I was about to return them because apparently you need a PhD to figure out how to put them on. I got used to it after a few times, but there's no doubt they take longer to put on than my old Alpinestars did.

However, I absolutely love the replaceable soles. I need to order replacements as my riding style plays absolute hell on my boots. Frustrated with my old Alpinestars. They are fine, but it costs so much to resole them that it just makes more sense to buy new all new boots.

I had 2 pairs of the A-stars super techs. I loved them, very comfortable/good boots. But I have the tendency to drag my toe (bad costly habit), and ruined them grinded off toe tip and slider attachment. I got the Sidi's because the toe slider cover more front then around side of the boot then A-stars. Plus toe sliders are screwed in (not hook and snap in). Also heel, sole, slider, other parts are replaceable........ But yes the Sidi's is a pain in the a$$ to put on and take off. I don't even want to take them off at lunch break. lol. They fit good no fitment complaints, but feel tighter A-Stars.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
Sidi's are by far more protective. But I like the comfort and feel of Alpinestars. There are some really good sales on the Alpinestars right now as a new model is coming out in 2016.

kawijay

New to this
Wish I read this thread before I bought the Sidi Cobras. They have not arrived yet....but I will be very disappointed if there are any issues