Atlanta Details?

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
I am considering making the long drive....Is the gate open 24 hrs?

I used the search function, and there were some old threads about power being awful there. Has this changed? Are there 50A, 30A or 20A plugs around the paddock?

Having never been there, anyone able to give a tow the first session A session or two?

Do they have lunch/concessions on site? they take cards?

Anything else a northerner chasing warm weather should know?

GummyShark430

Control Rider
Power worked great for us when we were there for the endurance series. The breakers are close by and there is water service in the paddock. But there is limited power so be prepared for that. Gate was open but contact RA directly to be sure of their specific hours.

There were concessions open but not sure if they will open for a TD since I was there for TD and race weekend but they did accept all forms of payment.

Won't be there or I'd give ya a tow I am sure someone is willing to show ya around just ask at the riders meeting.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

bmart

Control Rider
Power can be sketchy. I made a kit with breaker and some outlets, as the boxes are usually left open, but have needed it only once or twice over many years. Plenty of room in the paddock.

I've seen the food place on site open only once. You can get anything you want left or right out of the paddock within ~3 miles. I suggeste bringing food or Googling the area for restaurants.

Coaches usually go out in A, so I'm sure that one will give you a tow. Watch some videos (some lower speed ones of mine are below in my sig). It is a hoot!

Come by and say hi!

1664717718694.png

1664717697550.png

tdelegram

Control Rider
Gate is open late, but can’t get in until specified time. There is a fair amount of power in the main paddock area just have some longer cords. Great track, very technical and also very fast.

bmart

Control Rider
Thought I'd post more related info here instead of starting a new thread.

It is going to be 52-57 air temp when we start each day. Surely worth monitoring and being aware of cool tires until lunchee (ask my Taiwanese aunt).

Free tip, bring a rain top to wear over your leathers to stay warm. 52F at 150 MPH feels like 37F, wicking heat off of your body like a mo-fo. Your muscles will tense and not work as well. You'll be stiff on the bike and transfer that into the chassis. Be warm. Feel good. Ride better. A long underlayer top and bottom is a good backup plan.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and dragging a few friends with me.

rpm894

I just decided on Pitt instead of RA this weekend because it is 6 hours closer. I'm probably going to regret that decision.

1665027147380.png

bmart

Control Rider
Just so I'm clear, you chose (insert any track but Pitt here) over Road Atlanta? :rolleyes: :whistle:

Hopefully see you again before the season ends for me and I pick up off road riding again.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Just so I'm clear, you chose (insert any track but Pitt here) over Road Atlanta? :rolleyes: :whistle:

Hopefully see you again before the season ends for me and I pick up off road riding again.
Someone has to run circles around the Evolve guys... just picking up the slack. ;)

Riding CMP next weekend. You in?

For such a awesome track and good facility overall, the power is an absolute embarrassment. We were in panels wiring, rigging, moving breakers, cleaning connections just trying to hobble something together. Bring/buy your own quiet Honda generator, you’ll be much happier.

bmart

Control Rider
Not much could beat Road A combined with N2 staff and N2 participants! I had a hoot. A few shots:
20221008_063229.jpg

bmart

Control Rider
Having some problems due to picture size.

Ron's expert post crash demonstration.

20221009_082349sm.jpg

Handsome N2 crowd.

20221009_081612sm.jpg

Beautiful Triumph!

20221009_073404sm.jpg

More handsome N2 staff...and Raul!

20221009_081642sm.jpg

N2 coaches meeting shenanigans, day 2.

20221009_064413sm.jpg