Autobahn or BHF

RubberSideDown

I live in Cincinnati and I am looking for new track options for 2013. I started track days several years ago with NESBA and am to the point that I would like to start sampling different midwest tracks. So far I have ridden Putnam (a lot), Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges and BeaveRun (Pitt Race). I realize that I have to travel several hours in order to get to the tracks so I want to make sure that I pick the best ones based on many different factors such as fun factor, technicality, track surface, condition of the facilities (toilets and showers), etc. Feel free to dissect and rate the tracks on these and other factors. I’d really like info on both tracks.
Since not many people on my forums reach these tracks and it seems that this group is located closer to Lake Michigan I'm hoping this group can help. Please help me chose between Autobahn and BHF.

Thanks in advance!

some guy #2

Never been to Autobahn but I hear all you want to run is the South course and the North and Full are kinda filler.

I haven't been to BHF since the repave of T1 and T7 but before that it was a fun track. BHF and Road America are now my home tracks so maybe after this year I can give a better description.

z064life

BHF is alright but it is narrow like BeaveRun. Meet me as I'm going through Louisville and travel to the good tracks (Road Atlanta, VIR, Barber, NOLA, etc). I'm doing Autobahn sometime this year so we will see how that one is.

kbonigut

both good

My 2 cents, BHF is a ton of fun, they just repaved some sketchy areas last year and I find it to be a really fun track to ride. The facilities are nice, but for you coming from Cinci it will be about 1.5 hrs further than autobahn, or there about. It is a nice place to ride though for sure. There are a couple spots where you dont want to go off as the track is old and was built for cars, but as Nesba raised a bunch of money for air fences over the years, its about as safe as it can be.

AB is also real nice, facilities are insane and I love the North track, pretty flowing and can be learned quick. South to me has always been too bumpy and I just dont enjoy it nearly as much but some guys love it. North is one of my favorites out there.

I think you will have a good time at either spot.

j_fuggin_t

Flip a coin and enjoy either one. ACC north is an absolute blast, the south was just repaved and ill actually ride it now. Full is fun mainly for the jump though. I love bhf it's got a special place in my heart, the track is getting better an a few safety upgrades were done this off season.

2blueyam

BHF is nice, but for track days, AB North is excellent. AB South and full have some really interesting and fast corners as well. If the bumps are better than my last trip to AB south that one would be great.

cooker1

I have rode both ACC north is fast and fun they have excellent facilities but if you stay at the track it is pricey ! BHF is a great track facilities also excellent and camping is free can call for delivery of food town is close etc . BHF is overall a better option if wanting an entire package !

Thinkmoto

I've never been to Autobahn so I have no input. I have been going to BHF the last 2 years and really enjoy it.