Awesome throttle control

RandyO

Rnickey has some fun stuff... this guy?

Ok, here I come... downshift, assume racer position, swoop, oop, swoop GAS IT@!!!

TAAADAAA~~~!!!

kevinb

Love rnickeymouse vids.

But why does youtube want me "Date pretty Chinese girl" today? Every ad says that...

rk97

The wife and I were in LA visiting friends at the beginning of June, and I took the rental car through that stretch of road. There are a couple of "scenic overlooks" that attract vans full of tourists, and thus LOTS of traffic.

i can't believe anyone would ride even remotely quick through there... Between cars pulling on and off the road, blind turns, and pedestrian traffic, it's a wreck waiting to happen.

I think I have a picture of what's on the other side of the guard rail too. It's not good. **edit. found it. I'm standing on the proper side of the guard rail too. I didn't step over to take this picture.

1308687865.jpg

Gorecki

rk97;196685 wrote: I think I have a picture of what's on the other side of the guard rail too. It's not good.
Guard rails, there are area's on highway 1 that have massive cliffs with no guard rails at all! But gawd there are some seriously cool roads! :wow:

steve p

I don't know, maybe it's just me. It doesn't look like he is trying to be a racer or anything. Looks like he is just out for a nice ride and inexperience got the best of him. Wasn't going fast, wasn't tucked, wasn't bouncing off the limiter, no knee out, not hanging off. His foot and who knows whatever else touching down probably scared him to death. He needs a class or some track days.

steve p

Otto Man;196924 wrote: Squid...wearing leather on the street!

;)
So again, I see a bunch of people rippin this guy. I'm just wondering if I missed something. What makes him a squid. What is he doing wrong. He's got good safety gear on, looks to be obeying the rules of the road, not messing around. Why the bashing from everyone?

Now if he had the trademark safety hair, Oakley shades, flip flops and shorts I would call squid and proceed to jump on the band wagon of the bashers.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
steve p;196948 wrote: So again, I see a bunch of people rippin this guy. I'm just wondering if I missed something. What makes him a squid. What is he doing wrong. He's got good safety gear on, looks to be obeying the rules of the road, not messing around. Why the bashing from everyone?

Now if he had the trademark safety hair, Oakley shades, flip flops and shorts I would call squid and proceed to jump on the band wagon of the bashers.
:agree: Looks like all he was missing was experience & now he has it.

eE jeremy

I've ridden it, it's not slick really, it's just a bunch of dumb fucks that think it's a racetrack, plus a photographer. That spells a lot of crashes...

That said, it is a canyon, and there will always be some sand and crap on the road, it's not an issue if you treat it like any other road, but you get a bunch of unskilled rider up there trying to push themselves for the camera and their buddies and people go down...