Bazzaz QS killtime HELP!!

Blasko

hi

i need some help with the bazzaz QS switchtime setting for my yamaha R1 2008.what is the best i can use?
please help
thanks!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Just to be clear, what are you asking?

Are you asking what are the optimal kill times to use in your Bazzaz Quick Shifer's settings?

Are you having issues? Missing shifts?

I had a Bazzaz with QS on 2 bikes in the past and had no problems with the defaults.

Blasko

Both

I have problems at higher rpm.at lower its ok but az high its miss shift or rhe rev just go up and dont change gear...
I dont know whats the problem the kill time or something else..

tdelegram

Control Rider
Which QS do you have the old version which requires pressure to activate the motor kill or the newer one that is completely electronic? The new one has a pad about 1/2 the size of a playing card which adjusts the sensitivity. You can test the older model by turning on the ignition and there are lights on the qs module that also acts as the shift rod. My old one went bad and I figured it out because the pressure needed to activate the kill was too much. With the ignition on you can use the shifter and see when the lights activate showing the kill and see if it's working. Hope this helps.

Blasko

I have the zfi qs tc so i dont know its older or new..it is a push sensor(not the new USS sensor) but i think i cannot set the sensitivity of the sensor.at lower rpm it has no problem.just when the power comes..

tdelegram

Control Rider
That sounds like the problem I was having it took more pressure to activate the switch then it did to actually shift I replaced it with the new were version and didn't have any issues

borislav

Control Rider
I have the zfi qs tc so i dont know its older or new..it is a push sensor(not the new USS sensor) but i think i cannot set the sensitivity of the sensor.at lower rpm it has no problem.just when the power comes..
You CAN adjust kill times on Bazzaz, you need to download software if you already don't have it and than just go into QS settings...

Blasko

I know i can set kill times that was the first question,what is the best killtime.what i cannot adjust is the sensitivity of the switch,how much pressure i need to push te sensor to cut.

borislav

Control Rider
...for most positive engagement your shift knuckle/rood/shift lever anguelarity has to be as close to 90°as possible. If you have issues at certain rpm call Bazzaz tech support and they will get you an answer!

Blasko

Its 90..ithink the a shifter sensor is the problem .t is fully functional but for me its to hard i think its not comfortabe to me..i try bazzaz support too, i dont want to pay out another 250$+ for a new shift sensor.thank you for the answers guys!!

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
You gotta pay to play. Just do it the old fashioned way. I had the strain gage version of Bazzazz on my ZX10R. So smooth...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

gcally

Greg Callahan #11
Like some of the others already mentioned usually the default kill times work fine.
Give the guys at Bazzaz a call and see what they recommend. I have talked to them in the past and they were very helpful with any questions I had.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Optimal kill times are going to be based on rider preference. What works for one of us may not work for you.
You'd have to download the software and play with adjustments. One would think that the higher gears will
optimally like shorter kill times due to what's going on inside the motor/tranny is happening faster.

Blasko

Thanks!i have the software i play with the settings..can i set the kill times in rpm separate ,or just in gears?