Beaverun Hotels???

Hambone

There is a pretty nice hotel close to the track (15 minutes or so) and I can't remember the name. I stayed there last year and I thought I would try to get a room there for the first weekend in May. The hotel had an indoor/outdoor pool and a nice restaurant. Any help with this is appreciated.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
RyanITV;49487 wrote: I tried the restaurant once - nice is not a word I'd use to describe the food. ;)

Ryan

Haha, I wouldn't use that word to describe Holiday Inns in general. I haven't been to that one. If you go south an exit on the turnpike to Cranberry, there's lots of hotel and restaurant options, but you'll have a 20 min drive in the morning.

Hambone

HondaGalToo;49500 wrote: Haha, I wouldn't use that word to describe Holiday Inns in general. I haven't been to that one. If you go south an exit on the turnpike to Cranberry, there's lots of hotel and restaurant options, but you'll have a 20 min drive in the morning.

Will try Cranberry. I guess I may have overstated the quality of the resaurant. I don't want to mislead anyone. :rolleyes:

TwoTyres

Just down the road from the holiday inn is a super8. it is a little cheaper and is very nice. we stayed there last July and were the first to stay in the room. it is a brand new hotel. Right across the street is that really good Italian restaurant. Just make sure you reserve the room in advance.

BonesDT

I just stayed at the Beaver Falls Holiday Inn this weekend. It's $99 for BeaveRun guests. It is by far the nicest hotel I've paid for myself. My girlfriend thought it was awesome too. It has a huge indoor pool, a bar with 2 pool tables, a restaurant I didn't get to try, meeting rooms, WiFi, a sparse gym, a children's jungle gym. It might of had an outdoor pool and more stuff, but I didn't get a chance to explore everything. It's also less than 5 mins from the track. If the price is right, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

TwoTyres

The Holiday inn is ok, but last time they wouldn't honor the beaverun track pricing because they were busy, (WTF) The food at the restaurant was ok but the waitress was a dirty whore. (long story)
The rooms were clean and i didn't use any of the other facilities but others stated the bar was full of weirdos, like being at a bar on startrek.

Hambone

TwoTyres;49549 wrote: The Holiday inn is ok, but last time they wouldn't honor the beaverun track pricing because they were busy, (WTF) The food at the restaurant was ok but the waitress was a dirty whore. (long story)
The rooms were clean and i didn't use any of the other facilities but others stated the bar was full of weirdos, like being at a bar on startrek.
What was the long story? Did you do something?

Is there supposed to be special pricing for Nesba or Beaverun guests?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
TwoTyres;49549 wrote: The food at the restaurant was ok but the waitress was a dirty whore. (long story)
Now, THAT sounds like a story!!! I don't think I'll ask...although it sounds like a good story for after a trackday over some beers! :D

Hambone, I would assume the discount is for BeaveRun, not NESBA. That's how it is with most hotels around racetracks. :dunno:

BonesDT

TwoTyres;49549 wrote: but last time they wouldn't honor the beaverun track pricing because they were busy, (WTF)
When you make your reservation, you do so through a central Holiday Inn location. They have no idea what BeaveRun is. The way it is suppose to work is you make your reservation for full price through "corporate", then when you show up at check in, the locals knock you down to the BeaveRun discount.

When I did mine, I argued with corporate, then she asked "how about this, what's this discount suppose to be?" and I said "$99" because I saw that on this forum somewhere, so she said "fine, then it's $99". Then when I showed up at check in, the lady said I actually got a slightly better price than the current BeaveRun discount they would of gave me.

BonesDT

Yep, the discount is for the BeaveRun track guests; they don't care what organization or why your there. Just say your there for the track and there are no more questions.

BonesDT

I got there like 9pm the night before TD after 8.5 hours of driving, so I didn't get a chance to try any of their food or judge the waitresses and bar patrons. I just took a walk around and was impressed by the size. The cleanliness passed my girlfriend test too.

Bluenvy

the super8 across from guiseppe's or whatever is cheaper even with the rate for beaver users and nicer then the holiday in.