BeaveRun May 2,2010

peanuthead

This was by far the worst motorcycle track day that I have ever attended in my six years of tracking.The staff at Nesba along with the CRs,except for two, were constantly harassing me on and off the race track,yes you were.I signed up for intermediate group but found that at registration that I was put in beginner group.I never would of gone to this trackday if I was registration in the beginner group.The attitude of the staff of Nesba was very poor.I tried to talk to the director to explain the i should be in the intermediate or advanced group,but that was to no avail.Please remember that WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS and deserve respect.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
sorry to heart that man, I have gone to trackdays with I think 4 different orgs and nesba is on a another level in comparison. From what I have seen many time if you are in B group up at the front they will give you a bump up to whatever class seems fit. Sounds to me like you just need to go to some wera practices on fridays and get thrown in the tank with all the sharks if thats what your looking for. Nesba has a good eye and keeps rider talent grouped accordingly. Good luck in the future, hopefully you give nesba another shot!

slowpoke

Peanuthead,

i was wondering how you made out and this wasn't the response i expected to read on the boards. I've ridden with all of the orgs and have found nesba to be very consistent and predictable with their groups and bump system.

How were the CRs harassing you all day? What did they say/ask that was irritating? Please elaborate -

littlelady

Quite frankly, I saw you go around track, and I would have been worried for riders in I and A group if you had gone out there----

Also, if at registration they had you down as having signed up for Beginner group, that's what you signed up as--maybe you did it by mistake, but that was on you, not them. Also, if you had bothered to look at Nesba's information, layout etc. you would have seen that it's not possible to just jump into Advanced group! Why on earth should they take your word that you are Advanced pace, while others have to wait to show it on track? That's pretty damn arrogant of you. And if you really are Advanced quality, there's no way ANY CR would have "harrassed" you--- quite the opposite--you would have got bumped up in no time. So clearly you are not! Maybe you are super fast, but do things that are going to end up causing a crash, either with just you, or with other riders!

Seems to me like you just want free track to ride however you want to, and are not interested in any feedback from the CRs. None of them "hassle" the members--they all give their honest suggestions and do their best to give you constructive criticism to enable you to reach the goals on track you are there for... and it seems in your case, your goal was simply to ride in the fastest group. Had you maybe paid attention to their "hassling", you may have ended up getting moved out of B-group. That's again, all on you!

As far as I'm concerned, it is exacly because Nesba doesn't cater to guys like you that think they immediately belong in Advanced group, that I'm a member of this organization.

Thank you Nesba!

Joe Vital

Mr. Peanuthead,
You are not telling the whole version of this and you know it. Please refrain from any further embellishment on your experience. From my perspective you should be grateful you were not thrown out on your ear.
If you insist on expounding on this prevarication, I would suggest you do some research on the Dunning-Kruger effect before you continue.

buck34

Peanuthead,

Like I told you after you informed me you'll never do another day with NESBA again because we are too "structured", NESBA isn't for everybody. And the members and staff that want to go home safely to our families and friends will continue to keep the riff raff like yourself out of our club.

As far as harassing you? You were signed up in Beginner group, jumping into Intermediate groups, I witnessed you pass a rider on the outside of T8 (in beginner group) and stuff another rider in T1... and I'm sure Kevin and Chris could go on. So if your idea of "harassing" is me telling you, you can leave if you want to continue to ride in that manner, well then, I guess I was harassing you. You caught me on one of my better days.

As far as "harassing you on the track"? The only harassing on the track was the recklessness YOU were causing. To say that you belong in the Beginner group is an understatement. Actually, I find it rather insulting to the talented riders we do have in that class!

Good luck with your future endeavors

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Dude, people tried to help you, and you copped an attitude. You won't do another NESBA day? Sounds like a good fucken riddance to me.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
A little off topic....but who else had to look up Dunning-Kruger??

I want my tuition money back!!

beevan217

Jim- No worries man, I just looked it up myself!! I will say that based on the post & the following responses, Joe Vital hit it right on the head. LOL!!

beevan217

Dunning–Kruger effect

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it."[1] The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average, much higher than in actuality; by contrast, the highly skilled underrate their abilities, suffering from illusory inferiority. This leads to a perverse result where less competent people will rate their own ability higher than more competent people. It also explains why actual competence may weaken self-confidence because competent individuals falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. "Thus, the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."[1]

Fastguy

jcurtis;125442 wrote: A little off topic....but who else had to look up Dunning-Kruger??

I want my tuition money back!!
Does it have something to do with being a convicted thief?
:notsure:

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
buck34;125411 wrote: Peanuthead,

Like I told you after you informed me you'll never do another day with NESBA again because we are too "structured", NESBA isn't for everybody. And the members and staff that want to go home safely to our families and friends will continue to keep the riff raff like yourself out of our club.

As far as harassing you? You were signed up in Beginner group, jumping into Intermediate groups, I witnessed you pass a rider on the outside of T8 (in beginner group) and stuff another rider in T1... and I'm sure Kevin and Chris could go on. So if your idea of "harassing" is me telling you, you can leave if you want to continue to ride in that manner, well then, I guess I was harassing you. You caught me on one of my better days.

As far as "harassing you on the track"? The only harassing on the track was the recklessness YOU were causing. To say that you belong in the Beginner group is an understatement. Actually, I find it rather insulting to the talented riders we do have in that class!

Good luck with your future endeavors
Been a member since 2002...known Buck Miller almost as long...I KNOW it takes a LOT to get him to use words like this....

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
beevan217;125453 wrote: Dunning–Kruger effect

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it."[1] The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average, much higher than in actuality; by contrast, the highly skilled underrate their abilities, suffering from illusory inferiority. This leads to a perverse result where less competent people will rate their own ability higher than more competent people. It also explains why actual competence may weaken self-confidence because competent individuals falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. "Thus, the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."[1]
So translated from this...it means...Peanuthead:

"You talk the talk..but you cannot walk the walk"

Also...remember this Mr. Nuthead

When you point to others as the reason a plan does not go through...there is one finger pointed at them...and three left pointing back at you.

Sign up again...duct tape over your pie hole..open your mind and learn how to ride...you may find yourself a MUCH more skilled and safer rider in time.

I did 35 days in B. Loved EVERY minute of it. I frustrated myself into opening my mind and learning how to learn to ride. The rest of my time with NESBA will never compare to those 35 days. Those were the best of them all.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
JRA;125491 wrote: For some reason I don't find this thread surprising in the least.:rolleyes:

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?p=122636#post122636
Yeah, me neither. The first mistruth in this thread is that he said he found out at registration he was in the B group. Not so, he knew that before he showed up for the day, as it was discussed in the prior thread you've just linked, and it was thoroughly explained why he was there. Guys with his mindset generally don't change. I'd rather not see him at another NESBA event. I agree with what Kimmie said.

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Adam,

I wanted to take the time to post something -- in the event that it may help, though I suspect you are long gone. I spent a great deal of time working with you or trying to Sunday and if you would like to talk -- please PM me and we can talk in private.

I will make the following points:

At the end of the day you seemed to back off a notch and try to concentrate -- I am not sure what Todd said but the words must have been like the breath of God himself. The conversation we had afterwards was discouraging and frightening and left me rather angry. I do hope that the "kids" you mentioned in the motorcycle club that look up to you for experience and technique find a new role model.

The Dunning-Kruger Effect was ORIGINALLY a cause-result study designed to identify why smart people can end up dead and identify the psychological reason for the unskilled putting themselves in a situation with an inevitability.

Your arrogance was palpable -- I hope that you find someone that you can truly respect AND learn from.

There is a great deal more that we discussed that I should say here as it may help someone else and more importantly it may save someone else -- I'd like to see if you contact me first.

Regardless of how you felt about the day, I hope you can look back and say you learned one thing -- best of luck in your future endevours.