Better camera- Go Pro HD or Vholdr Contour??

beevan217

Looking for a new camera & I'm curious of opinions of these 2 cams. Mainly looking for info on best video & audio quality, bang for buck, video stability, editing ease, best or easiest to mount on bike. I think that's all LOL.

Any feedback??

Thanks in advance

noobinacan

my first one was a Tachyon XC.
and I HATED the thing because it had terrible mounts.
I always struggled with mounting it on bike helmet..then struggled with it on the bike.

Finally gave up...
Now I have a goPro and of all things, the best part are the number of mounts and spares available.
Also the fact that its so easy to mount and adjust.

go with goPRO...without a doubt.

alocker

One thing you need to remember is to see the sample vids, they have been converted to upload to the net. Very often you loose a lot of resolution and it wont look like the raw footage.

I cannot compare because I only have the GOPRO HD, but the waterproof housing makes it very versatile. Its fun to just hand it to my 18 month old and not have worry about him breaking it. Makes for some entertaining video.

FaceRace98

I bought a go-pro stadandard def from Costco for $99. The H-D is cool but IMO it's not worth the extra $250 you spend on it.

Here's some video i took from last weekend at Summit point. (its a bit more clear before you upload it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhfFj4Wj9Ts&feature=player_embedded

I would definatley go with a go-pro be it SD or HD. They are very durable, simple to operate, easy to mount, and have lots of extras available.

beevan217

Matt-

I have a standard Go Pro now, just curious as to which HD cam was better. Thanks for the info though. Didn't know you can pick one up at Costco lol.