Big Thank You From the NESBA Staff

JRA

To all the NESBA members who came out and participated in our SED at VIR. I know that I personally talked to at least sixty of you guys over the two days and every single rider I spoke with was over the top excited about what they had learned. One of the best remarks I got was from a rider's wife who said she doesn't ride and knows nothing about it, but after listening to the discussions she even understood the concepts being explained. That's pretty good stuff right there. If a non rider can understand you know it's being explained in a way that makes it easy for people who actually do ride to get it.

Thank you to Nick, Ken, and Shorty for giving your time to help our members. I learned so much from you guys over those two days that I can say with certainty that I will now be better able to help NESBA members understand the concepts that will make us all better riders.

Thanks for opening my eyes to a technique that is so simple yet so important. I've always used my brake to set set my speed into the turn and then once I reach the desired speed it was like "okay, no need for this anymore lets get back on the gas". "Hmmm, I wonder why I keep running wide on the exit"? You know what? Holding 2% or 3% front brake pressure really does keep the bike steering all the way down to the apex. It's so simple yet so effective, so thanks, you guys helped me cut my lap time dramatically yesterday.

Thanks to Brian Blume for helping to arrange for Nick, Ken, and Shorty to be there. Also to DJ and Bob, I unintentionally forgot to mention that you guys were part of this as well.

Thank you to all of our wonderful CR's who took time off from work to be there and help. We couldn't do this without you guys!

So for all of you guys who were there I have one simple question....When is the right time to sit in the middle of the seat of your motorcycle?:D

ecycle

That would be NEVER!! John. In addition to what you said, I would add that the groups as a whole got noticeably better as the day went on, good learning going on out there!

Earle
SECR 185

Merle

Best training event I've ever attended with NESBA, Great Job guys. Thank you for all the hard work to organize such an event for the club.

Blinky

I want more of these days.

Why doesn't NESBA start a school and be lower than CSS.

JRA were u riding without a shirt and had initials "JRA" on ur suit? I kept thinking this guy is no beginner, he keeps zooming by me.

Perlzuki

Huge thank you to Nick, Ken & Shorty for helping simplify what riding is all about. In my 9 years of riding with NESBA, I have never learned so much! These two days will allow for me to pass on their information to our members! I have to say that on both the B & I days, there was a big differance from how we all rode in the mornings to the afternoon sessions. Most of you really stepped it up! Big props to all as I only can recall 1 red flag in 2 entire days. Earle , do you remember that? Great job to everyone involved!
If anyone is thinking about doing a riding school, the Yamaha Champions School WILL make you a better, faster, safer rider on the track & street!

Mark
SE CR #249
06 GSXR 1000
07 BMW K1200 GT

Caveman

I learned more from this SED then the school I attended which cost 6 times as much. In addition to that, you’re riding with people that are pretty much on the same skill level. I had just been bumped from B group and due to mechanical issues this was the 1st full day of the season for me. Can't tell what great timing this turned out to be. Driving up to VIR I figured I was going to be a speed bump for everybody. Having everybody slow the pace down in the mourning and work on form/technique/braking was great. Not a doubt in my mind that at the end of the day EVERYBODY was moving faster & safer. Hell, that afternoon I even passed a couple people.

Go ahead and sigh me up for the next SED.

Thanks to all the CR's and the guys from Yamaha School of Champions.

May have to get myself a birthday present at the end of the season and sign up for the Yamaha School.

Caveman

ecycle;127362 wrote: That would be NEVER!! John. In addition to what you said, I would add that the groups as a whole got noticeably better as the day went on, good learning going on out there!

Earle
SECR 185
Earl, How's the wrist?

dpullen

+1 - thanks to the whole YCRS team for making this a great event! I learned a lot this weekend, knocking a couple of seconds off my lap times (even on shagged tires), and making it easy to do so!

Most importantly, I learned a bunch of new ways to communicate with the NESBA members on and off track.

I was really impressed with how much everyone improved their riding throughout the day, much more so than at a regular track day.

Lynda and I are going to have to sign up for the full school in the near future!

JRA

Blinky;127368 wrote:

JRA were u riding without a shirt and had initials "JRA" on ur suit? I kept thinking this guy is no beginner, he keeps zooming by me.
Yes, that was me. I was right out there learning with you guys!!!

ZLTFUL

This has me jonesing for the Putnam SED. Thanks for posting up guys. I was debating between a whole weekend with just CR instruction or the SED...I am glad i have decided on the SED.

Blinky

i was on the green zx10r when u passed me on the outside. I looked to my left and i was like dang, that isnt the rules but its all good. I thought it was pretty cool and more exciting.

JRA

Blinky;127566 wrote: i was on the green zx10r when u passed me on the outside. I looked to my left and i was like dang, that isnt the rules but its all good. I thought it was pretty cool and more exciting.
Blinky, if I made a pass that you felt was outside the rules I'm sorry. I would never intentionally do so. I preach at the riders meeting that you must pass within the rules and I practice what I preach. I honestly don't remember anything that I thought was even questionable but if you thought so then I was wrong and I apologize. It's very important for those of us who are on staff to set the example and I'm sorry that the example I set was apparently a poor one. As staff, how can we expect you guys to follow the rules if it looks like we are unwilling to do so as well. My bad.:(

Blinky

JRA its all good. I just can't wait til I can get a bump so that is allowed. As long as it wasn't another group rider that was trying to show off. I'm okay with it. I will see you at Road Atlanta.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Thanks again to the NESBA Staff and hats off to the SED event...it was unquestionably my best track day ever!!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
dpullen;127558 wrote: +1 - thanks to the whole YCRS team for making this a great event! I learned a lot this weekend, knocking a couple of seconds off my lap times (even on shagged tires), and making it easy to do so!

Most importantly, I learned a bunch of new ways to communicate with the NESBA members on and off track.

I was really impressed with how much everyone improved their riding throughout the day, much more so than at a regular track day.

Lynda and I are going to have to sign up for the full school in the near future!
Dave,
Big thanks for the help this past weekend I really do appreciate it!! This was my first track day with the “I” group and I could not have chose a better day!! Thanks again

ronhix

Big time thanks to Nick, Ken and Shorty for joining us for this event. YOU GUYS ROCK!! :congrats:

Big thanks to the SE staff for putting up with us MW folks as well. :D

dpullen

vinny337;127642 wrote: Dave,
Big thanks for the help this past weekend I really do appreciate it!! This was my first track day with the “I” group and I could not have chose a better day!! Thanks again
Vinny, it was good riding with you, my friend. You were looking really good on North! Wish I could have gone out with you on South and had some fun!

Just remember - Never center up! :)

Blinky

Dave, Make sure you get Lynda all taken care of w/ massages so she can be ready for Road Atlanta...