BKS Suit Size 46/48 (read for more info on sizing)

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Hi all,

This is a BKS suit that I bought sight unseen as the owner said it was a size 50. Unfortunately for me (but maybe good for you) it fits more like a 46 or 48. If you are 5'10"-6'4" and 180-220 lbs I think it will fit you very well. I am 6'3" and 230 lbs and it fits great height-wise but is too tight across the chest to fit a back protector.

If you haven't heard of BKS before, they are made by hand in England and pricing starts at just over $2000 for a new one. This suit is gorgeous and it kills me that it doesn't fit.

The suit is fully perforated and has a zip-out liner. It has T-Pro armor for the shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. The liner was just washed in Woolite and the suit was cleaned completely with Lexol cleaner and then conditioned with Lexol conditioner. The armor is not installed currently as I took it out for the cleaning/conditioning and had planned to use the suit with Forcefield CE2 wearable armor. There are two minor blemishes: there is a small tear on the inside liner sleeve (from getting caught on the velcro) and one of the perforations on the back side of the knee has a small tear. Both are minor and neither affects function. The suit is ready to go.

I had planned to add patches for knee sliders and had exchanged emails with Barnacle Bill about having that done. He said it would be less than $100 but he couldn't give an exact quote until he saw the suit.

The suit is located in Charlotte, NC and I am selling it for $350. I can meet on the north side of Charlotte for a local deal, or ship if buyer covers shipping. I will also be at Roebling Road in March and will bring the suit if it hasn't sold yet.

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions let me know.

Jl7Xre2.jpg

a98kVDM.jpg

lthYFcu.jpg

W3NKy7C.jpg

Last edited:

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
I reinstalled all the armor and will bring the suit with us to RRR March 13/14. Feel free to stop by and take a look at it. You'll be able to easily identify our tent because it will be the one with a black and red BKS suit hanging from it. :D (It will also have a white Gixxer #327 and a blue R3 #225.)

Also, I'd like to revise the size recommendations: I still think 5'10"-6'4" is a good height range, but with a back protector on it's a trim suit so I'd guess a weight range of 175-210 is probably ideal.