Body position help

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Take a look at my profile picture. See how I stick out my leg instead resting it on the tank. What am I doing wrong? I do it right on the street but not on the track.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Which leg? Profile pics are pretty small, at least on my phone, lol. Best thing to do is attend the bp seminars we have at all our events during lunch. And also ask a CR to follow you and provide feedback on your bp.
Maybe someone else can tell, but I can't really tell from one small photo

rhill

Try to move your butt back a hair on the seat. If you are tight to the tank and shift your butt over to the inside of the turn, the inside of your outside thigh will pivot on the back of the tank and pull your outside knee off the tank. Hope that made sense

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rhill's comment is on point, assuming you are sitting too close to the tank. Can't tell that from the picture, but too close to the tank would prevent your outside leg from making good contact with the tank. You should be able to place your fist between you and the tank.

Alan #14

Like said before, slide back a bit, hang half your rear off the seat, and lower your elbows. You look a little stiff in the pic.

You are right about me being stiff. Should I be more fluid. I think part of my problem now thinking back on that day I was too concerned about speed instead of focusing on bp and my line. It was my first track day and I was a little too excited. Next time I will be more focused on my technique. Please keep the pointers coming.

CBRtist

I'm no pro by any means, but I can throw in some things that were said to me that really clicked. Of course, every rider is different, so that must be factored in also. Much of BP is physically seeing and feeling it. I've learned a lot by sitting on my bike and having somebody adjust my body so I could feel it. As Judy mentioned, they often do that during the lunch session and much is learned. Other things aside from what's been mentioned:

• Try to get your head much over and lower. It should be where the mirror is located and try to touch your chin to the back of your hand... yes, THAT low haha. And your spine should be a straight line from your head and parallel to the bike. Otherwise, you are twisted.
• Half your butt off the bike, and ideally your butt should never be center, you simply move from side to side per turn. Going back to keeping a straight form, I think it's easier to transition from side to side when my body is not "twisted".
• Think of your hip as the incredibly balled joint that it truly is. Ball of your foot should be on the peg and your hip should easily pivot your leg out to create that "triangle". If I'm having trouble easily swinging my leg out, it tells me that something is not lined up right somewhere with my body.
• Arm straight across the tank while off the bike. Arms relaxed too. I had one CR tell me he did "chicken wings" to make sure his arms were relaxed.

Dunno if that's helpful. Like I said, it is hard to write out, and if there is any misinformation in there... anybody feel free to call me out.

Good luck!

Thanks CBRtist for the info. Part of the reason I am sitting so straight up are my handlebars. They are in a upright position for general riding. That being said I could have gotten much lower if the rest of ME was in the right position. I missed the bp seminar at my last track day. I didn't know that it was even happening. I will be looking for it this time.