Browsing the forums with iPhones SUCK

Rydell

This may be a Safari issue, meaning anyone with an Apple would see this, but I've got a couple other friends with iPhones as well that I attempted browsing the forums on, and the site will intermentantly freeze the browser every 3 seconds of browsing for about 5-20 seconds at a time. Tried this on brand new iPhone 4's and a 3Gs.

Just a web developer FYI.

stow

Never had an issue on my iPhone 3gs. More than likely it is the cell service in your area.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
No issues with my 3gs either. You may want to try the tapatalk app. I prefer it to the browser. Since it is made for the iphone, there is no screen resizing to read the posts.

RyanITV

Admin
Rydell;190864 wrote: This may be a Safari issue, meaning anyone with an Apple would see this, but I've got a couple other friends with iPhones as well that I attempted browsing the forums on, and the site will intermentantly freeze the browser every 3 seconds of browsing for about 5-20 seconds at a time. Tried this on brand new iPhone 4's and a 3Gs.

Just a web developer FYI.
I see what you say - it's when zooming - not sure why/what's causing it; we're on the latest release of the forum software, too.

Personally, I use the tapatalk app, too - it's much faster and easier to browse the forums.

Ryan

Rydell

RyanITV, exactly. It's specifically when zooming in and out (I recall it doing it even when not zoomed, though). I should've specified it does it a ton more like that but didnt think you would get on the ball that quick. You other guys trying zooming in and scrolling, you should see it.

But yeah, I'm getting tapatalk. Getting to be a pain.

stow

You have to zoom in and out if your not using Tapatalk. I don't use Tapatalk, but I may try it. But right now I am having no issues with my phone while browsing the forum with Safari.