Can the Admin of this site PLEASE

Matt H

I bought the $2.99 Tapatalk Android app. Honestly? It's faster and easier through the web browser (on a Verizon Droid Incredible). But hey, glad we have options.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Dutch;160609 wrote: I work in ecommerce. If installing code on a page allows more people to access your site from a mobile device, and those people are willing to pay for the app to do so, it's a win win for all those involved. That's just how the industry works. I know of mobile optimization companies that make quite a pretty penny by charging the site itself for their service - and these sites are more then willing to pay the fee counting on increased access and traffic as a result. The business model here is a little bit different in that tapatalk makes their money off of people who buy their app, not by charging the sites for the code to make their site accessible via their app.
I do not have tappatalk, but from my understanding, it does not allow for banners to be viewed through the phone. If a site-owner is making a living off of ads sold through the site (any of the r6/r1 or honda forums), how is it a win-win.

Currently, there is probably little data out there showing how many visitors enter a website that use the typical web-browser vs those that use banner prohibited applications, but I am sure that will be coming in the very near future.

If I were XYZ company buying advertising space on Alfabet forums and found out that half of the web traffic was not able to see my ad, I wouldn't see it as win-win.

Mr.DJ

Actually, reports by device-type and browser app is fairly easy to do. Internet Service providers do this periodically. I know of 3 major providers that do this quarterly. It not only benefits marketing, but capacity planning engineers and trend analysis. "Is the droid more chatty than the iphone?

ZOOK131

Mr.DJ;160703 wrote: Actually, reports by device-type and browser app is fairly easy to do. Internet Service providers do this periodically. I know of 3 major providers that do this quarterly. It not only benefits marketing, but capacity planning engineers and trend analysis. "Is the droid more chatty than the iphone?

barry38

Mr.DJ;160703 wrote: Actually, reports by device-type and browser app is fairly easy to do. Internet Service providers do this periodically. I know of 3 major providers that do this quarterly. It not only benefits marketing, but capacity planning engineers and trend analysis. "Is the droid more chatty than the iphone?

jfeagin

Joe Vital;160946 wrote: Re DJ's post above: I now know what I must sound like to my cat.
ROFL! My cats are idiots, too.

Mr.DJ;160703 wrote:
....OK - this is starting to mix fun with my real job.

DJ OUT!
I promise never to talk shop with you. :D

dbakerpa

HondaGalToo;160947 wrote: Ok, that was funny. I spit coffee on my keyboard! :haha:
I was ok until I read yours too. LMAO Got my diet pepsi nicely into my sinuses to save the computer.