CBR 600RR Tip sensor

bigkaley

Control Rider
Wouldn't suggest bypassing it. It's a safety precaution. It shuts off the fuel pump if the bike falls over. You don't want the fuel pump to continue to pump fuel with a bike that's sliding down the track/ road making sparks.....

The sensor doesn't weigh anything, just bolt or zip-tie it to the upper fairing stay with the arrow pointing up.

Joe Vital

Tom his is fubar. He has it mounted in the wrong direction and caused him to pack it in early. I suggested he just remove it. I was supposed to answer this question today, but it wont be until tonight that I will get a chance to follow up.

Hadnt forgotten about you Bayboy. And thanks again for the donuts!

bayboy

Joe Vital;188107 wrote: Tom his is fubar. He has it mounted in the wrong direction and caused him to pack it in early. I suggested he just remove it. I was supposed to answer this question today, but it wont be until tonight that I will get a chance to follow up.

Hadnt forgotten about you Bayboy. And thanks again for the donuts!
No problem Catdaddy!!! I'm always willing to make the next man fat so he won't be faster than me. LMAO:D

gkotlin

If you're not running the front of A group, leave it. Crashing and damaging a motor by starving it of oil is expensive.

On the '03-'06 if you were a superstar and could drag the fairings, it would on very rare occasion cut out while the bike was mid turn. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Joe Vital

Bayboy, the tip over switch, (bank angle sensor), can be by passed by running a jumper from the red/white wire to the green wire.

Just note that when you do this your bike will likely explode into tiny bits and take you and half of Baltimore with you. Now on the face of it I wouldn't mind about the Baltimore part, but I am assuming you and your wife reside there and would not want anything to ever happen to her...I smelled her cooking all weekend long. And also plan on mooching some of that cooking at VIR in June.

PM me if you have any questions; I wouldn't want anyone to be mutilated just by simply reading about this obviously catastrophic modification.

Mikey75702

If you bypass the tip over sensor... you might want to think about a tether to the run switch... so that if you come off the bike shuts off.