CBR600RR wont start

YOLOrider87

Converting my 2011 cbr600rr to a track bike. So i pulled off the OEM plastics and disconnected the headlights so i can slap on my new sharkskins set. Prior to that i tried starting the bike, the gauge cluster cut on and and can hear bike cycle, once i pushed the start button i heard the bike click and everything cut off. Bike didnt turn over and gauge did not cut on again after second attempt.

I know hondas are a PITA, but any insight on what the issue may be? I was told the headlights being disconnected could be the culprit along with the BAS sensor. Anyway to bypass this? Ive seen plenty of track/race cbr’s just want to eliminate this issue before going any further. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Motofun352

Control Rider
First rule of troubleshooting..."check the last thing you did"...On that principle I'd say reconnect the fairing /head lights and see if the problem goes away. That way you would at least know where to look. After that, I got nothing...sorry. On second thought, What would happen if a headlight burned out? Would the bike quit? Kinda doubt that....If you unplugged the gauge cluster, make sure that it is properly reconnected...multiple pins in there.

YOLOrider87

Ahhh did the trick! Some connection between the battery must have loosened as i was removing things left and right. Tightened up the connections and it fired right up. Thanks for the heads up i was really beating myself up about this! Lol

CBRtist

Glad you figured this out. First thing I was going to say was stator/rectifier issue. I got so fed up with not 1 but 2 of my Honda's having this continual issue, I bailed. Dirt bike ONLY carries this brand... and that might change soon too lol.

YOLOrider87

Lol yeah dealing with Honda has been a headache. This will definitely be my last cbr. Nothing against the handling or performance, just working on it seems so much more uncomfortable/challenging than my buddys R6.