CMP 08/27/22:

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Really looking forward to ripping with you all next weekend!
I just picked up a new scooter, and will test it out on track on this weekend, so if I'm in your way in i-group, I apologize!
If you're hungry, or need any help come see me over at Campsite #1. I'll be there Friday afternoon once the gates open. :)

I'll be riding the FZ09 and the new-to-me S1000R.

1660876351313.png

1660876404205.png

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Thanks!
The brakes on this thing are phenomenal... Will definitely have to take it easy, since it only has Rosso 3's on it for the street.
But I have a feeling it's going to get some SC3's very very soon. :cool:

meanstrk

Control Rider
Going to be on a new bike myself this weekend. So will my son actually. He managed to get his hands on my old race bike. Should be interesting!

ElvisT

Much like "meanstrk", i'll be on a new bike to me ('08 R6), never ridden it before. My one time on CMP was with a S1000r. Anxious to say the least!
Looking forward to meeting you guys.

ElvisT

Really looking forward to ripping with you all next weekend!
I just picked up a new scooter, and will test it out on track on this weekend, so if I'm in your way in i-group, I apologize!
If you're hungry, or need any help come see me over at Campsite #1. I'll be there Friday afternoon once the gates open. :)

I'll be riding the FZ09 and the new-to-me S1000R.

View attachment 9346

View attachment 9347
I had a great time with my S1000r earlier this year at CMP. You will love it!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I had a great time with my S1000r earlier this year at CMP. You will love it!
Really hope so!
I've been spending a lot of time tweaking all my ergonomics on it try and match a lot of what my FZ has.
Had to move the shifter up A LOT.. whoever rode it last must have had little baby feet.
I have to give kudos to BMW engineers for the shifter design. You can convert it to GP shift with one bolt.
Also, as an engineer myself, I will never understand torx fasteners, and this bike is full of them... hate those things. :)

jsin38

BMW loves torx. Must be a German thing. @MK3Brent I had a 2016 S1000R (one R is all you really need) and still have Yoshimura case savers and an oil fill plug if you want to take a look. Yours looks to be newer though and these parts might not fit. In any case (get it?), I'll be at CMP on Sunday and will have these with me.

ElvisT

Really hope so!
I've been spending a lot of time tweaking all my ergonomics on it try and match a lot of what my FZ has.
Had to move the shifter up A LOT.. whoever rode it last must have had little baby feet.
I have to give kudos to BMW engineers for the shifter design. You can convert it to GP shift with one bolt.
Also, as an engineer myself, I will never understand torx fasteners, and this bike is full of them... hate those things. :)
Also had a 2015 FZ-09 prior to getting the S1000r. Did the GP shift swap also!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
BMW loves torx. Must be a German thing. @MK3Brent I had a 2016 S1000R (one R is all you really need) and still have Yoshimura case savers and an oil fill plug if you want to take a look. Yours looks to be newer though and these parts might not fit. In any case (get it?), I'll be at CMP on Sunday and will have these with me.
Awesome, come on by whenever you're free.
If they fit I'll surely buy them.
I've been commuting with this bike for a week now to try and get used to it. It's a damn rocket ship, I think you're right about one R is all you need. Definitely true for me.

On a fun note... I learned this bike has launch control. :oops:

MK3Brent

Treebeard
You definitely have the newer one then! Launch control and heated grips are a fine combination.
Did you have cruise control as well?
Ever since I stepped into the fly by wire bikes a few years back, I've been enjoying electronic cruise control. My FZ has been upgraded with it too. QS/AB on both machines make them perfect for track and street.

jsin38

It did have cruise control. Very useful on longer runs down the highway but not always recommended in the twisties. The BMW QS was better than the one on my current ZX6R. I'm still a dinosaur though and clutch on downshifts. One day I'll see what auto blipping is all about.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Got my 2nd TRS mounted up, and got the two to fit. :)

4e0964e8-494c-46af-8d1d-19c08c25f55a-jpeg.172079

0d6cc275-c117-4bb8-b7d1-8bbfadb9c518-jpeg.172080

f3racer

Did you have cruise control as well?
Ever since I stepped into the fly by wire bikes a few years back, I've been enjoying electronic cruise control. My FZ has been upgraded with it too. QS/AB on both machines make them perfect for track and street.
When I got the Tuono and it had cruise I decided I'd never own another street bike without it. Such a sweet feature to have. This is the 1st bike Ive ever owned with any electronics other than ABS. Things have come a long way.

bmart

Control Rider
Had a hoot. Nice to see my friends getting bumped up to other groups throughout the weekend. Excellent work by all.

I also noticed how people were being patient and courteous. Kudos to all of the riders!