CMP 10/17-10/18

bmart

Control Rider
Hey all,

Just one week away from the new surface at CMP! Temps look perfect with a cool start.

• With the cool temps (~50F when we roll out each day with a high in the 60s both days), be sure to take it easy before lunch to limit the amount of down time and be able to enjoy the spectacular afternoons! This is a GREAT time to work on body position and where to focus your view. CMP REALLY rewards looking at the exit of the turns.
  • If you run warmers know that your tires will cool through the morning sessions.
  • A rain top (in paddock and on track) can have you feeling cozy until the temps pick up!
What will you be working on next weekend?

CBR-Los

What will I be working on????!
Corner entry
corner exit
More Full throttle, less coasting
Trail breaking
The list could go on and on!

bmart

Control Rider
A little more unsolicited advice about CMP next weekend. Temps for the first part of the day will be very low. Pay very close attention to your inputs, intentional and unintentional, to the bike/chassis. Pay particular notice to your grip and your pressure on the bars. Riders are frequently told to not hang on the outer bar when hanging off to avoid twisting the front wheel to the outside of the intended direction of travel/turn, but the same problem is created when putting pressure (opposite of hanging) on the inside bar. I suspect that if riders pay attention to this pressure point, they'll realize that they're pushing the inside and/or pulling the outside bar in many turns. At our pace we can cheat a little by relying on the exceptional tires we now have access to, but in the cold temps, that isn't likely to provide the same result as in the higher temps.

bmart

Control Rider
You can have some fun with that one...I run the same hot pressures no matter the temps. If it is cool, the tire wll slowly deflate while I'm riding, but that will cause it to generate more heat. For me, it works.

McTrackPack

CR #171
Control Rider
Yep, listen to Bmart. I learned the hard way first lap of last session at Road Atlanta a week ago, front tire let go in a snap and I went swimming in the gravel trap (cold tires do let go even though it wasn’t that cold at the time). Had planned to be at CMP this weekend but my bike needs some healing. Luckily I mostly hurt my pride and my brand new astars suit...first down for me but I learned something!! I’ll be back.

NickMac

I am on the waiting list for Sunday 18 Oct 2020 CMP Intermediate group. Let me know if anyone can't make it.

Cell 610-393-8890

bmart

Control Rider
What A Hoot! I hope that you guys had as much fun as I did, especially chasing Little Brown on that SV.