CMP 9/2 - 9/3... Thanks from Pittsburgh

D52

This past weekend was my first visit to CMP and I just wanted to take a moment and thank the N2 staff and fellow members for an excellent time. I pretty much decided Friday morning to make the eight-hour drive from Pittsburgh and I’m definitely glad I did. Kappy ran an excellent weekend and everyone, members included, was very friendly and welcoming. (Must be that Southern hospitality!)

Thanks especially to Posse, Lars, Q, and Brad for all their guidance over the weekend. I don’t think I’ve received that much CR input in the one and a half years I’ve been attending N2 events. (Not saying I don’t get feedback, just never THAT much!)

Hope to see some of you make the trek to PIRC someday. If not, I’m hoping to pull off the NCBike weekend in early October.

Take care!

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
It was great to meet you, Dustin. I'm glad you made the trek down. No PIRC for me for a while, but i WILL be at ncbike in October. Stop by and say hey, and maybe we'll be able to work together again!

bmart

Control Rider
I'm really glad to hear that you had a good time and that the staff was helpful. Which Triumph were you on, black or white/red?

Tell us a little about what bits of feedback you worked on and how it went.

D52

I'm really glad to hear that you had a good time and that the staff was helpful. Which Triumph were you on, black or white/red?

Tell us a little about what bits of feedback you worked on and how it went.

Red/White (Though I met the guy on the black one... great rider on the track. He got a bump to I if I recall correctly.)

This was first time at CMP so learning the track was first priority as it usually takes me awhile to get comfortable. Followed a CR (can't remember who at this point) who pointed out the best points to start turning and Lars' walkthru Sunday morning really cemented everything in. Since this track is not local to me, I took some notes on my phone throughout the weekend so that when I return in the future, I don't spend half a day trying to recall correct lines.

Once I had a decent grasp of the track and the lines, I went back to working on body position. My current is problem is that I'm OK with lower body, not so good with upper body and end up crossed up on the bike. Listened to a bunch of different feedback and I think made some improvements, especially in longer turns, but tighter/slower turns are still a challenge for me when it comes to getting more of my body off the bike. (Tried to upload some screenshots, but kept getting errors. I'm sure you get the idea though.)

What I need to do is go setup my GoPro on my tail so I have a better idea of where exactly I am on my bike and how often, instead of relying on my perception (which is going to be off) and photos (which are only going to show one specific moment.)