CMP 9/3-9/4

steve211

Does anyone know if we're able to show up Friday afternoon/evening to set up? Easter wknd at RA we could...but different track/mgmt so I wasn't sure.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I pulled this straight from the manual.

1. Bike numbers can be displayed either on the front or sides of the tail section, or on both; at least 6 inches high with no special background required (Intro excluded)

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I make mine out of tape, since I ride both on the street and track. I haven't ever had a problem or have been told no when it came to my numbers. Just make them clear and understandable, you will be fine.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Most tracks allow you in the night before to set up and camp. Usually it's around 6:00 so that day's event has time to pack up. I am not sure on CMP maybe someone else with more CMP experience will chime in.

vanelli56

Weather is looking a little sketchy any update on if we are still going?

Regarding the weather.... I am a South Carolina local and wanted to let people know what the local weather stations are saying... according to www.wistv.com pretty much all day friday and into friday night is going to be rain, wind, potential for a tornado... its going to be a nasty nasty day. SO, for anyone traveling on friday, please take care to plan ahead, maybe leave a little early to give yourself some extra time, etc. (Especially if you are coming in from the south on I-95 or I-26 from the low country.) You can always check 511SC.org for the latest travel information. Remember, if you see standing water on a roadway... it is best to turn around and find another route. You never know if the ground has actually been washed out from under the roadway. I personally saw roadways back in the october floods that looked fine from above.... but once you looked at them from another angle... you were amazed how the road surface was still intact, as there was NOTHING under it. So please travel with care.

BUT, on the flip side... Saturday is looking GREAT!!!! depending on the timing of things, we may have to dodge an early morning shower... but given the track of the storm and current projections, i think we should miss most of those lingering showers. Currently they are calling for sunny, low to mid 80's, and low humidity.... and given how HOT and humid its been around here this summer, that saturday forecast looks MAGICAL!!!!

As far as gate times on friday.... I have no idea. USUALLY, they open in the late afternoon for people to come and go. about 5 or 6pm ish? But its been a few years since I have done a trackday here... so i dont know if that has changed or not. Hopefully someone from N2 can update us. Plus given the storm friday, i dont know if they want people out there in the open. So anyone from N2... please let us know.
**All this is just speculation, guessing with hints of potentially good advise, so take it with a grain of salt.... and lemon.... and tequila.**

Matrix22

Question: CMP 9/3-9/4, the covered paddock area, is it by rental or first come first served basis? Thank you.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
We can tech you after the rider's meeting, but the meeting is essential, particularly with it being your first track day with us. Will you be there by 8:15AM?

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
Travel safely! Looks like the storm may be bad tonight, and it should clear out in time for tomorrow. If you miss the AM rider's meeting, we can try to get you up to speed at lunch time, but we won't be able to get you on track until we've gone over everything with you. Just find us (look for Jonathan or Quentin- any control rider can point you in the right direction) when you get there.

meanstrk

Control Rider
Question: CMP 9/3-9/4, the covered paddock area, is it by rental or first come first served basis? Thank you.

Garage slots are rental. If you set up in one you may get booted out by someone that has it reserved, and if not, they will come around and charge you for it. Best bet is to chare the cost with a couple others

Matrix22

Thank you CR MikeD for your suggestions on my riding technique. I'm trying hard to unlearn bad habits and learn good ones.